Lawsuit against Hockey Canada, CHL over alleged 2018 sexual attack. Add 2003 WJC allegations to investigation

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Probably none, since it was an end of season HC banquet. No games were involved that weekend.
It was a team Canada event so it does fall under their purview. Why do you think the IIHF was able to toss out Team Russia and Team Belarus out of all the international hockey games the IIHF controls? When you join the IIHF, all countries agree to certain standard and one clause consists of teams do as part of team functions. IF it was the Edmonton Oil kings or Vancouver Giant, team functions, they the IIHL would have zero power.

Both the FInnish and Swedish federation are watching what is going on closely and believe that Canada is dragging its feet hoping other people will forget about it. My guess is that we will see some Canadian players named, banned from the international stage and some sort of admonishment from the IIHF in how Canada handled the situation

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It was a team Canada event so it does fall under their purview. Why do you think the IIHF was able to toss out Team Russia and Team Belarus out of all the international hockey games the IIHF controls? When you join the IIHF, all countries agree to certain standard and one clause consists of teams do as part of team functions. IF it was the Edmonton Oil kings or Vancouver Giant, team functions, they the IIHL would have zero power.

Both the FInnish and Swedish federation are watching what is going on closely and believe that Canada is dragging its feet hoping other people will forget about it. My guess is that we will see some Canadian players named, banned from the international stage and some sort of admonishment from the IIHF in how Canada handled the situation
Those countries invaded another one.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Those countries invaded another one.
had nothing to do with hockey and outside their purview. Because the team was put together for a sanction event that they hosted? That means it is under their purview. Both Sweden and Finland federations are watching the events closely to see just what Canada does.

Some think they could not place a ban on Canada for international events. Others believe that would level the playing field for those who are left

Last edited:
Reactions: Melrose Munch

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
had nothing to do with hockey and outside their purview. Because the team was put together for a sanction event that they hosted? That means it is under their purview. Both Sweden and Finland federations are watching the events closely to see just what Canada does.

Some think they could not place a ban on Canada for international events. Others believe that would level the playing field for those who are left

I personally doubt they would put any sort of ban on Canada. For one, the current bans of Russia & Belarus are for something far worse. Canada is also a cash cow for the IIHF and like it or not that gives you a bit of leash.

Reactions: joestevens29

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Team Canada likely only faces punitive sanctions by the IIHF if they do nothing about the findings when they come out

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I thought Strickland knew of 5 names that were about to drop via his podcast a month or so ago

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I thought Strickland knew of 5 names that were about to drop via his podcast a month or so ago
It’d be naive to think everyone doesn’t have the names, they just are unwilling to report on it.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Unsure if related but noticed there’s some buzz about five or so players (I won’t mention names at the moment since it’s pure speculation) that have been mentioned in regards to this scandal as potential people involved, going completely private on social media.

So curious if some news unfolds here in the next few days or if it’s nothing at all.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I’d say unwilling, as would be libel if got it wrong.

Unsure if related but noticed there’s some buzz about five or so players (I won’t mention names at the moment since it’s pure speculation) that have been mentioned in regards to this scandal as potential people involved, going completely private on social media.

So curious if some news unfolds here in the next few days or if it’s nothing at all.

I wonder if London's esteemed police force has a timeline for this investigation, whether or not the NHL is secretly hoping it goes into the season if not longer or if they would rather it just wrap up ASAP.

Honestly I'm hoping for the latter, because this has gone on for long enough now.

Gotta be close, seeing as how they've zeroed in on there being "five" names.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG

I've seen the same buzz on social media. Perhaps something drops this weekend. Heck, typically if you're trying to bury a story as much as possible the time you drop it is Friday afternoon, too late for the media to really cover it, and then it's "old news" by Monday...

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
a friend texted me saying to watch out for Carter Hart

apparently hes IG page went private,he deleted a bunch of pictures and any relation to the Flyers

can anyone confirm ? i dont have instagram

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
a friend texted me saying to watch out for Carter Hart

apparently hes IG page went private,he deleted a bunch of pictures and any relation to the Flyers

can anyone confirm ? i dont have instagram
He was one of them I saw yes.

Doesn’t necessarily mean that’s the situation but it is weird to see so many people on that team do it all around the same time. Felt like they were told to do that (tho not necessarily the case of course).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad