Confirmed with Link: Lawson Crouse and Dave Bolland for 2nd and 3rd picks

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If you trade for an injured player, what impact does that have on the insurance on his contract?

If he was injured with the Panthers it shouldn't affect anything. In other words, it should transfer.

Side note: currently at 50 contracts. Juniors don't count if they are returned, though.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
You're right, the guy that traded for Datsyuk's contract probably doesn't understand the CBA.

If some dead cap, a late 2nd and two early 3rds gets us Crouse, Chychrun, and relief from Vitale's cash payments, than I don't see how anyone can complain.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Time to do the prospect rating all over again, where would Crouse fit in?

Don't think I've ever seen a team's prospect pool so deep. Awesome.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
How the hell did Chayka pull this one off? Is there something seriously wrong with Crouse that I'm missing here?

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
If Bolland is healthy enough to play do you think this makes Strome's path to a starting spot tougher? Or does this push Dvorak down

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
How the hell did Chayka pull this one off? Is there something seriously wrong with Crouse that I'm missing here?

62 points in 49 is not terribly impressive for a player that should be physically dominant at the OHL level. His team won the weaker conference, so they weren't complete crap.

rt

May 13, 2004
62 points in 49 is not terribly impressive for a player that should be physically dominant at the OHL level. His team won the weaker conference, so they weren't complete crap.

If he's a 35pt Mack truck that is great defensively, that's a very valuable player. I won't miss the two third rounders.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If he's a 35pt Mack truck that is great defensively, that's a very valuable player. I won't miss the two third rounders.

That's not what teams are looking for in the top 15 picks of the draft, so it's understandable if his perceived value around the league dipped. I'm curious to see if there is another angle or connection here that we're not aware of.

rt

May 13, 2004
That's not what teams are looking for in the top 15 picks of the draft, so it's understandable if his perceived value around the league dipped. I'm curious to see if there is another angle or connection here that we're not aware of.

We didn't spend a top 15 pick on him. They did. The angle, I suspect, is they wanted rid of Bolland now, to have available space for the season and for when ELCs start expiring. Not terribly different than the Datsyuk move, right?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
We didn't spend a top 15 pick on him. They did. The angle, I suspect, is they wanted rid of Bolland now, to have available space for the season and for when ELCs start expiring. Not terribly different than the Datsyuk move, right?

Florida has to be down on Crouse for this to happen. If he was on track or otherwise pleasing them, I don't see it happening. New guy in Florida could be a total idiot and this is his Forsberg. Doubt it.

If Bolland is going to hang around and get paid, that's a pretty bitter pill to swallow for Crouse.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

That is not what they are looking for but many times that is what they get. You never know with kids, and the more you have the better chance of success. Who said his perceived value dipped? Maybe the Panthers have another move they want to make and need cap space. Florida is very very close to a contender. Most times you have to give to get.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Florida wants to compete now. I have to believe this was mostly about creating space for another move to help them this year. All the reports on Crouse say he's not ready to make an impact now and Bolland is an albatross. $5.5 mil for 3 years is a huge chunk of cap space for any team with owners that can actually afford to own an NHL team. Let's face it, unless they sell a big stake in this team to someone with deep pockets, these type of deals will always be on the table. Our owners are exactly who we thought they were...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Florida is very close to being a contender, and this gives them flexibility. Good trade for both teams.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
The Bickell/Teravainen trade is comparable here. Bickell's only got one year left on his contract (and is probably more serviceable than Bolland anyway), and the Blackhawks gave up a very promising young center to move him for a 2nd and a 3rd. If Bolland is less valuable than Bickell (and an extra two years at $5.5 million apiece makes that seem likely) and the Coyotes gave up the same pair of picks as the Canes, it stands to reason that Crouse's value is at least comparable to Teravainen.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
The thing I like most about these deals (if he's really injured and doesn't play), is they keep them from being able to sign more slugs and forces them play the young guys. If we're going to suck, I at least want to be interested enough to watch the players actually playing. Seeing Richardson, Vrbata and someone like Bolland when we're losing does nothing for me. Paying attention to Strome, Dvorak and company to see what we have and how they are developing is fun. For me anyway...

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Pretty exciting news to wake up to. Crouse was drafted too high but should be a prototypical 3rd line LW that can pk and cause havoc in front of the net on the PP.

Love that Chayka is getting lots of love from non coyote fans.

Jaeho

Jan 7, 2016
With Bolland the Coyotes must be the best positioned team for the expansion draft

Since Pronger and Datsyuk contracts coming off the books next season, 5.5 million cap hit will be huge for the 25% they gotta leave exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad