Confirmed with Link: Lawson Crouse and Dave Bolland for 2nd and 3rd picks

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Love the creativity of this. Bolland's contract is ugly but whatever. Right-handed C who can play right now, assuming he isn't LTIR. hbk's head will explode at the acquisition of Crouse.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Said WTF out loud.

Why the hell is Florida moving on from Crouse already?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Don't have as high of hopes for Crouse as most. Bolland is the exact player I've been crying for all summer, except he's broken. I'm not at all attached to those draft picks. If Bolland can play, great. If not, Crouse for a couple of picks? Why not? The trade can't fail. Good job Chykpett.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Don't have as high of hopes for Crouse as most. Bolland is the exact player I've been crying for all summer, except he's broken. I'm not at all attached to those draft picks. If Bolland can play, great. If not, Crouse for a couple of picks? Why not? The trade can't fail. Good job Chykpett.

This is about where I'm at. Bolland is a fine bottom six center when he's healthy. We're probably looking at Dvorak starting the year in Tucson or just on the wing, then sliding into a center spot when Bolland and/or Hanzal gets hurt.

I was pretty down on Crouse leading into his draft, but he's a solid prospect. There's room on this team for some muscle.

Also, here's this detail:

From what I've seen of Crouse, he is definitely not ready for NHL time. So this should be two 3rds for an injury prone but solid righthanded center and a recent lottery pick.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I really like what Chayka is doing, and I love how mad it gets some people on the trade board. :laugh:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This is about where I'm at. Bolland is a fine bottom six center when he's healthy. We're probably looking at Dvorak starting the year in Tucson or just on the wing, then sliding into a center spot when Bolland and/or Hanzal gets hurt.

I was pretty down on Crouse leading into his draft, but he's a solid prospect. There's room on this team for some muscle.

Also, here's this detail:

From what I've seen of Crouse, he is definitely not ready for NHL time. So this should be two 3rds for an injury prone but solid righthanded center and a recent lottery pick.

I hated the idea of burning a top five pick on him but at the price of two 3rds he's a great add

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I wonder why they went after Crouse? Not that I'm complaining, could be a chip to flip for something else? Bolland is just dead weight to get Crouse, who may be able to slot in and out of the line up. (Bolland)

I like what Chyka is doing. The prospect pool is getting deeper.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Bolland, if he stays healthy, is just a Gordon replacement.

If he's not healthy and the Coyotes can park him while not paying out any cash due to insurance, this trade is a massive win.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Love love Crouse. Needs to stop cutting across ice with his head down. You can't deny this was a great move. Crouse is a linebacker on skates. He hits to hurt. Love his play.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Mouser! We need you now!

Is Bolland going to play? If he doesn't, does insurance pick up the contract cost? Is Crouse AHL eligible?

I don't believe Crouse is AHL-eligible (he's 19 until June, drafted from the CHL and has only completed 3 CHL seasons), but Bolland is definitely a LTIR candidate.

EDIT: LTIR cap savings would only happen if the Coyotes ended up over the cap, which seems unlikely despite only 2.34 million in space at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad