Player Discussion Lawrence Pilut

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
Back to Europe. Lausanne HC of Switzerland's pro league announced Tuesday that it signed Pilut to a two-year contract

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Is Europe that much more money? Surprised Pilut couldn't catch on with Vancouver or Phoenix.
NLA is. HV71 probably offered to make him one of the the most well paid defensemen in the SHL but it's really no contest when it comes to top salaries.
My guess is that he earns around 1.0, 1.2 while living in an amazing country. If you have the money Switzerland is great.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is Europe that much more money? Surprised Pilut couldn't catch on with Vancouver or Phoenix.

The NL isn't necessarily about the money though. Players get a place to live in a beautiful place, the longest distance to a game is about 4.5 hours so travel becomes way less strenuous. I don't know if they've changed the perks, but it used to be a condo and a car as extras outside of just salary. I've read the average NL salary is about $230K so it is probably a bit of a bump with a lot better conditions including being closer to home. He gave it an honest try this year and it didn't work. I can understand why he is heading overseas and hope he has success wherever he lands.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
NLA is. HV71 probably offered to make him one of the the most well paid defensemen in the SHL but it's really no contest when it comes to top salaries.
My guess is that he earns around 1.0, 1.2 while living in an amazing country. If you have the money Switzerland is great.
My thinking is — what was the money vs what he could have gotten in the nhl on a league min/ $500K AHL sakary.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
The NL isn't necessarily about the money though. Players get a place to live in a beautiful place, the longest distance to a game is about 4.5 hours so travel becomes way less strenuous. I don't know if they've changed the perks, but it used to be a condo and a car as extras outside of just salary. I've read the average NL salary is about $230K so it is probably a bit of a bump with a lot better conditions including being closer to home. He gave it an honest try this year and it didn't work. I can understand why he is heading overseas and hope he has success wherever he lands.
I'm no expert on NLA salaries but I think there's a much, much larger difference between top line and bottom line players than the SHL. Import players are probably paid way more than that average salary.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm no expert on NLA salaries but I think there's a much, much larger difference between top line and bottom line players than the SHL. Import players are probably paid way more than that average salary.

I've read they can make in the millions. He's not going to be going there to be some mid-pair fill, he's there to run their PP and take #1 minutes from looking at their loss of Gernat as their top point producing D.

He'll make good money with excellent perks and a light travel schedule (52 games, the farthest of which is 4.5 hours away by car) and a short flight home. It's a quality of life win from where I sit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad