GDT: LAVAL ROCKET @ Belleville Sens | Must Win Game! | Fri., Apr. 19, 2024 7PM -- AHLTV

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I've been extremely dissapointed in Heineman. Vets weren't good enough.

Play the kids...sure...but bring freakin scoring vets. We need to accompany our kids with scoring players.

It is disappointing that he wasn't able to take a big step forward this year... Even with the injury.

He's fast approaching make it or break it territory. Needs to figure out how to drive way more impact than we are currently seeing from him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Now no one will feel like starting tomorrow's GDT. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: rahad

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The Houle blaming is an embarrassing display of hockey IQ deficit.
Talk to me about sitting on their hands all game long with no pushback, no rhythm and no forechecking. Let's wait for them at the red line. And let's hope for Dobes miracles. Everything our ex stupid NHL coaches have done for the past oh so many years. Rely on the goalie. Play not to lose.

Lineup wasn't fantastic....but we are not playing the Soviet Union.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Let's see what Sedgwick can do. Wasn't a fan of the two trades he made right after he was appointed, then again, they weren't meant to be earth-shattering.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Ive watched alot of games this year and this team plays some ugly hockey. .I don’t know what the system is but its some bad hockey, theirs absolutely no flow to the games, generating f***all offensively game after game. You have probably the best dcore in the league tonight and every zone exit is a lob to center ice or shot on the glass. Its some unwatchable hockey and i hope that Hughes doesn’t want the prospects to play that kind of hockey in Laval

Last edited:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
The team didn't take Laval's success seriously this season. Struble didn't need to play 50+ NHL games on the bottom pairing. Nor did Xhekaj need to be called up only to rejoin the "rotation". Gignac being pulled away at his peak may have cost them the season too. They only missed by a few games. It would have been good playing time for a bunch of prospects to make the playoffs but I guess we'll just sit out for the seemingly tenth year in a row.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
ISn't he another player Hughes went out of his way to get?

What does that even mean? Every transaction that Hughes or any G.M. makes, they "go out of their way".

Clearly an attempt to sprinkle some hyperbole and bias into a narrative that is uninteresting at best.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Team didn't play well. Dobes saved their asses. Didn't like their lack of passion especially at forward. Defense just too many stupid errors. Trudeau and his highsticks. Mailloux and his dump in from his own blueline late when we had no forwards on the forecheck. That's just a pass to the other team.

Ultimately, there's just no offense on this team at forward. Hopefully, Beck, Mesar, Tuch, Farrell can start to resolve that next year. We need better vets, period. Heineman was a big disappointment this year, too. We missed Simoneau.

Bourque is done & shouldn't be brought back. Maillet sucks & Andersson should just move back to Sweden.

I don't hate Houle, but it's time to move on.

Some positive notes, Reinbacher played well. Tuch can really skate. Dobes should have a great year next year. Kidney stepped up. FloXhekaj looks like he'll be a pro next year. He didn't look out of place at all.

Maybe Laval can bring back someone like Laurent Dauphin?

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The team didn't take Laval's success seriously this season. Struble didn't need to play 50+ NHL games on the bottom pairing. Nor did Xhekaj need to be called up only to rejoin the "rotation". Gignac being pulled away at his peak may have cost them the season too. They only missed by a few games. It would have been good playing time for a bunch of prospects to make the playoffs but I guess we'll just sit out for the seemingly tenth year in a row.

WTF?!?!?!?!

LAVAL IS A DEVELOPMENTAL TEAM!

The Montreal Canadiens success is the only matter of importance

Reactions: salbutera

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
ISn't he another player Hughes went out of his way to get?
He was had in the Toffoli deal as you'll recall but what fans liked was the combo of size and speed but he's not been a difference-maker. His ELC ends in 24-25 ... I wonder how long more they'll hold on to him.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
What does that even mean? Every transaction that Hughes or any G.M. makes, they "go out of their way".

Clearly an attempt to sprinkle some hyperbole and bias into a narrative that is uninteresting at best.
Not really. I just remember some comments about how Hughes really wanted him and insisted he was involved in the Toffoli trade.

He was had in the Toffoli deal as you'll recall but what fans liked was the combo of size and speed but he's not been a difference-maker. His ELC ends in 24-25 ... I wonder how long more they'll hold on to him.
Maybe he needs to go through Michael Therrien's better people program. It made so many players better .

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
WTF?!?!?!?!

Why is that so difficult to comprehend - the job of the AHL team is to develop & graduate players to mothership Habs.

They did that this year - Struble & Roy and righting the ship w Xhekaj and getting Mailloux a taste of NHL

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Brunet with his coke-bottle glasses, saying that the 3-goalie set up with the Habs sunk the Rocket as there ought to have been a vet backing up Dobes in Laval, esp. in those early games when he was struggling and adapting.

I don't get it, could they not have secured a vet goalie for the minors, anyway?

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Man, I have to bow out of this thread as it is like the minor league of objective analysis thread.

It is like the Flat Earthers have taken control at a Geology conference.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
WTF?!?!?!?!

Neither struble, Xhekaj or gignac contributed to the Habs success this season. Xhekaj and struble were literally put in development situations in Montreal. This wasn't keeping PK Subban in the minors circa 2010. Gignac was literally just a reward contract and few games, at an inopportune time I might add.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad