Votes: 11 8.9%
  • No

Votes: 96 78.0%
  • Undecided, I have to see more

Votes: 16 13.0%

• Total voters

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm not sure what people really expect out of him, but if he can play the way he has the past three games he's essentially what you'd expect out of a backup goalie.

Backup goalies aren't there to win you games. They are there to give you a chance to win them.

With that being said he needs to continue to play this way when called upon. I just don't know if he can keep that up once he is back playing one out of 7 or 8 games.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
No, hell no. I don't trust LB at all. Up by 5 I still don't trust him. He has mental lapses that are back breaking and I guarantee he does not have the trust of his teammates. Maybe that's a good thing because they know 5 goals or more is how to almost guarantee a victory.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
LB lost his cool in the Calgary game, but I have been very impressed with his response.

IMO the lack of push back from the skaters on this team is the main problem with the team this year. They all became much too comfortable allowing other teams to shot on Talbot. This predilection hasn't helped Talbot, and it wasnt kind to LB either. The skaters have been much better over the last week.

They may be turning a corner with their goaltenders.

Reactions: Supermassive

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I think the team has done a huge disservice to the player by not playing him enough prior to this to allow his game to fully develop. I don’t want to get rid of him but to have our season rest on him right now is not fair to the player or the rest of the team.

That all said I am impressed mental toughness and compete level.

He just needs to be steady, not great. The blooper goal per game has simply got to stop though. You cannot gift a team those goals in the NHL on a per game basis like he does.

Edit - btw when my girl was 16 she was a hell of a lot tougher and less of a whiner than her 3 older brothers were so your analogy doesn’t work for me ;)

I agree, underdeveloped and thrown into the fire. Typical oiler handling of young players. It's too soon to cut him loose. I would hate to lose another Dubbie because of a few bad goals. He needs to tighten up though on the softies.

Reactions: Night Witch

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I agree, underdeveloped and thrown into the fire. Typical oiler handling of young players. It's too soon to cut him loose. I would hate to lose another Dubbie because of a few bad goals. He needs to tighten up though on the softies.

I don't think he should be cut loose. Just don't think he should be the backup.

I know that people think acquiring an NHL-calibre backup means losing Croissant because he would be claimed if they tried to send him down to the AHL. I don't get it though. Why would a team claim him and what team would that be?

Last edited:
Reactions: Night Witch

Alowlyoilersfan

Sep 28, 2017
trial by fire for the kid for sure. i hope he can just improve on the small details and play a little bigger(so he can stop letting in lower percentage shots)

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Glad to see the kid improving. I'm surprised they haven't given Ellis a start yet.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
His last 3 games he has a statline of

CBJ - 27/29 - 0.931
Tor - 22/23 - 0.957
Mtl - 22/24 - 0.917

For a total of 71/76 which is a 0.934

Cant ask much more from a backup goalie, although he lets in some fairly weak goals, he has overall been good enough for us to win.

Reactions: MisterD

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
He's definitely playing better now and looking less shakey in net. That said, he is still letting in a soft goal every game it seems... but good thing for him is that the team is now scoring over 4 goals a game. Hopefully he can hold the fort til Talbot is back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad