Votes: 96 78.0%
  • Undecided, I have to see more

Votes: 16 13.0%

• Total voters

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Judging from his last Start I would say no, however I'm being hopefully he can rise to the occasion. I also suspect if he struggles Ellis would get shot as well.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I think he's as ready as he's ever going to be, but I remain unconvinced that his best will be good enough. Believe me, I'd love nothing more than for him to prove me completely wrong because this team dearly needs a #2 goalie that they can rely on.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think he's as ready as he's ever going to be, but I remain unconvinced that his best will be good enough. Believe me, I'd love nothing more than for him to prove me completely wrong because this team dearly needs a #2 goalie that they can rely on.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

The team will now find out exactly what they have in LB.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
It takes him a year or so to really find his comfort level in the different leagues. He came out firing on all cylinders when he entered the ECHL but struggled in the AHL when they tried to bring him up. Then he found his game at the AHL: level and is now in that same transition period to the NHL. He will be fine, but I would have loved to see a LB/Jarry match up when we played the Penguins.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
I don't think he's ready.

Barely a backup as it is. I haven't seen much progression from him in the last 2 or 3 years.
I'd actually be more curious to know what Ellis would look like.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I don't think he's ready.

Barely a backup as it is. I haven't seen much progression from him in the last 2 or 3 years.
I'd actually be more curious to know what Ellis would look like.
I would agree with this, but I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

Ellis seems like the safer bet.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
LB was great vs Washington and has shown flashes of good hockey. just hope he doesn't let any in right after we score. im not saying that's always his fault but its happened enough that it is a legitimate concern.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
No he's not, but that's not the position his in right now. He is a backup who is now in the position to get some more starts while the starter is down. This isn't something uncommon across the league.

It's going to be a good test for him though. It's early enough that if he isn't ready we will have the chance to bring in someone else instead of waiting until it's too late.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This is the Oilers and never ever do we have players step up to fill injury holes, so probably no.
That's because instead of having guys in the AHL we've had them in the NHL. If Nurse, Eberle, Schultz, Benning, Caggiula, MPS etc.. spent time in the AHL like they should've those would've been damn good callups to have.

Brossoit might actually be the one guy that had a decent amount of time developing.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
LB was great vs Washington and has shown flashes of good hockey. just hope he doesn't let any in right after we score. im not saying that's always his fault but its happened enough that it is a legitimate concern.
LB is a weird goalie.
When he allows the first goal of the game you can expect him to have a bad night. So even more so with Brossoit, we need to score first.

Feb 9, 2013
I was referring to the "technically strong [Price]... who plays in control. Has a huge frame and covers a ton of net. Rarely appears rattled in the cage. Reads the play and follows the puck exceptionally well. Handles the puck with aplomb." (Hockey News)

i.e. The best goalie in the league Price... as I am sure you were aware.

Captain Pilsner

Sep 1, 2005
I'm hopeful for LB, scared for the already-slim playoff hopes.

The largest positive I can see from this side of the next two weeks is that management can (should) finally decide whether he is capable of NHL backup duty or if the team needs a new backup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad