Recalled/Assigned: Laurent Brossoit

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Why wouldn't they call up Bachman? He did win us a game this year, seems like he would be more deserving.

At first I was wondering the same, but I'm assuming they want to keep OKC core players intact. To be honest though I don't know that this is a good thing. For a lot of these guys getting a NHL pay cheque and being able to showcase their skills has to be worth more than being in the AHL. For Bachman the money isn't that huge of a difference as he is getting 225k in OKC, but guys like Fedun and Horak that were missed the difference between 65k in okc and 650K is quite huge.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Has it been confirmed at all if he'll get a start today? There's literally no good reason not to start him.

Guy has been horrid in the AHL, not exactly a good thing to play him against a hungry sharks team that loss last night. Rather give the ball to Scrivens at this point.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Guy has been horrid in the AHL, not exactly a good thing to play him against a hungry sharks team that loss last night. Rather give the ball to Scrivens at this point.

I guess, but if you think, as a franchise, you want to to develop this guy, then giving him a taste of how "far" there is to go isn't a terrible thing, imo, especially considering where the Oilers are.

The Sharks are on the 2nd game of back to backs.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I guess, but if you think, as a franchise, you want to to develop this guy, then giving him a taste of how "far" there is to go isn't a terrible thing, imo, especially considering where the Oilers are.

The Sharks are on the 2nd game of back to backs.
I would be all for it if he was doing well in the AHL. I also see SJ losing to CGY as a huge issue for us. Can't see them losing 2 in a row to bottom feeders. Could be a could 18-1 loss if Brossoit is in net.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I would be all for it if he was doing well in the AHL. I also see SJ losing to CGY as a huge issue for us. Can't see them losing 2 in a row to bottom feeders. Could be a could 18-1 loss if Brossoit is in net.

Fair enough, I don't see the difference myself, but I can understand your point. I think that Scrivens will start in any event.

McDavidson

#Jultzing
Mar 18, 2013
I hope they give him a quick look while he is up here, let him know what to expect, the speed of the game, what he needs to work on. Can't hurt at this point, I doubt 1-2 games ruins his career.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I have a feeling the Sharks will rip the Oilers a new one... so Brossoit could certainly get a look... ie the Fasth pull in the last Oilers outing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad