Latest TSN article very luke warm on liklihood of a deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
on TSN's Sportscentre they had two segments on Friday's Developments, and the prospect of a CBA deal. The first segment seemed to be a warning that there are still a tonne of issues. The second segment seemed much more optimistic that a deal could be reached this weekend.

*shrug*

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
there was one segment at 11:00, second sement was at 11:30 and the third segment (which is airing on current versions of sportscentre) originally aired at 2am i think, and i just saw the last half of it and it looked more optimistic than the "longshot" headlines

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
ESPNews has "NHL Deal Imminent" in the lower right corner. Not sure how long it's been there as I haven't checked ESPNews in a while, but I just noticed it.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
to be fair, Bob McCown of the Fan 590 was the first one to break the news of back channel talks around 9:00 wednesday night, but everyone thought he was a rumor mongerer, and on thursday on his prime time show, Brunt kept jabbing at him implying he was in a dream world.. the funny thing was the next day Brunt pretty much shut up as the news became clear that something was going to happen

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
I wouldn't be so sure that Tampa Bay wouldn't vote to ratify.

according to Bob McCown's inside sources (yeah i know what you're thinking but...) he got info that TB was one of 5 teams who wouldn't go for it... that and the fact that Phil Espisito was also expressing his concern over whether TB could keep their team together with a $42.5 number, let alone $45

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Judging By Ottawa's press conference, they were definately IN at $42.5, and I suspect will be in at $45M. They were most definately NOT in at $49 though.

Jaysfanatic*

Vast Ant Dioi said:
Very well could be covering their asses. The media has been way to confident in rumors throughout this lockout; if both sides come out tomorrow saying "no progress", "the lines of communication remain open", or "significant philosophical differences", TSN would have its pants around its ankles. They have a reputation to "maintain" as a credible media source and they've definitely leaned towards the rumor monger status lately.

I wouldn't say TSNs lukewarm latest has anything to do with the status of the negotiations, one way or the other.

You won't get philosophical differences anymore I don't think, just because that has been bridged, it's just a numbers game now.

Crows*

bcrt2000 said:
according to Bob McCown's inside sources (yeah i know what you're thinking but...) he got info that TB was one of 5 teams who wouldn't go for it... that and the fact that Phil Espisito was also expressing his concern over whether TB could keep their team together with a $42.5 number, let alone $45

Only 5? Lets play hockey!!
:handclap:

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
bcrt2000 said:
according to Bob McCown's inside sources (yeah i know what you're thinking but...) he got info that TB was one of 5 teams who wouldn't go for it...

I must've missed that, did he say who the other four teams were?

NYFAN

Jul 8, 2004
Long Island
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes