Latest they can negotiate until?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
When is the last possible hour they can negotiate until (if they don't get a deal done)?

I'm guessing they will negotiate until midnight or so tonight if need be. But what if they don't quite wrap it up, will they still negotiate tomorrow morning all the way until 12:59pm?

I bet they go late tonight until they decide the season is over or agree to a deal.

Would Bettman push the press conference back another day or two? I doubt it, what do you think?

AlexGodynyuk

Feb 3, 2005
I would imagine that the press conference can be moved if they are making REAL progress towards a solution that they feel will work.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
why not all night? plenty of time to sleep when this is over.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
trahans99 said:
When is the last possible hour they can negotiate until (if they don't get a deal done)?

I'm guessing they will negotiate until midnight or so tonight if need be. But what if they don't quite wrap it up, will they still negotiate tomorrow morning all the way until 12:59pm?

I bet they go late tonight until they decide the season is over or agree to a deal.

Would Bettman push the press conference back another day or two? I doubt it, what do you think?

It depends how close they are. If they agree on a number but our working on other minor issues i could see Bettman pushing back his press conference a day. But if they still disagree on the number i dont think the presser will be pushed back.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
We're already in to the xth overtime period, so who knows.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
They can negotiate after if they want. If a deal is reached the day after, do you think the season will not go on as planned as the day before. I think this is exactly what happened in the last labour dispute, if I'm not mistaken.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
trahans99 said:
The owners are the ones calling the shots regarding the drop date. If Bettman, in the following 24-48 hours, ends up believing that a deal can be reached, it would be majorly stupid for him to cancel the season that close to a deal. What would be the point?

Bettman won't cancel the season out of spite. It would be really moronic, and you don't become a pro sport commish by being moronic.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
About 5 seconds before Bettman's Press Conference--they don't need a signed detailed document--just announce they've agreed and the lawyers are in the process of drawing up the papers..

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
hawksfan50 said:
About 5 seconds before Bettman's Press Conference--they don't need a signed detailed document--just announce they've agreed and the lawyers are in the process of drawing up the papers..

And said press conference can be pushed back indefinitely if need be, or they could hold the conference and just say talks are still ongoing, and they'll plan a follow up conference. They have as much time as they want to take.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I honestly think that the press conference tomorrow is going to be turned from a cancellation anouncement, to a "Deal is done" announcement!!!! :handclap: :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad