• No

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 34.0%

• Total voters

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Eh, I'd still prefer to have them all play and just roll the lines. Give Makar, Toews, Mack under 20 minutes. Put other players out in more defensive situations.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Unfortunately there's literally no way they can do that, but I'm okay with sitting a few guys. I would not mind at all if they held out Byram for both games.

At the very least I'm expecting two slots up front filled for Game 82 by MacDermid and Meyers. Surely they're gonna give Meyers the Minnesota game.
Just to rub it in their faces. f*** the Mild!

Reactions: Pokecheque

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Lehkonen on the 3rd line isn’t a bad thing. I think he has the ability to make a line effective by himself. Maybe not from a scoring perspective, but through checking and keeping the pressure up.

That’s why I was such a big fan of that acquisition. It really opens up a lot of options for the lineup.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Lehkonen on the 3rd line isn’t a bad thing. I think he has the ability to make a line effective by himself. Maybe not from a scoring perspective, but through checking and keeping the pressure up.

That’s why I was such a big fan of that acquisition. It really opens up a lot of options for the lineup.

Yup, it was a very Sakic acquisition. Sign him to a 3-5 year contract through his prime and before his playstyle starts affecting his body.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think I'd prefer Dallas over Nashville in the first round. Nashville at least has gone in to battle mode where they push back while Dallas are limp like a poorly made sausage.

Reactions: dahrougem2

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Was playing around on the NHL's website and it caught my eye that Kadri and Makar have identical stat lines right now 27G, 58A, 86PTS. Kadri's done it in 69 games vs. Makar's 76. Still pretty crazy to have a dman with identical stats to our 2nd line center who is having a career year.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Do we want to play Nashville or Dallas? It´s up on us.

And, do we want the Blues or Wild get home-ice for their 1st round meeting.......

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Montreal and Ottawa are also playing for something.

Wait for it.

A better draft pick.

Montreal has clinched the best odds for the draft. Ottawa can still win and get worse odds.

Do we want to play Nashville or Dallas? It´s up on us.

Don't care...as long as the one that plays CGY beats the hell out of them.

And, do we want the Blues or Wild get home-ice for their 1st round meeting.......

And I think I would rather have the Blues get home ice. Fewer home games for the Wild fans :)

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
I think I'd prefer Dallas over Nashville in the first round. Nashville at least has gone in to battle mode where they push back while Dallas are limp like a poorly made sausage.
Plus Nashville has one elite line and if Soros plays, a high end goalie.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I will say the roster has a lot of flexibility that can be used very situationally. Like if we’re protecting a lead throwing out Nuke-Sturm-Lehk is far better than anything we’ve had the last few years from a shutdown perspective.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Dallas is easily the worst of the two teams, but their play style matches up well against the Avs. It would be an annoying series and I'm sure Pavelski would score a goal every game, but the Avs should take them without too much difficulty.

If Saros misses the first round and Nashville has to start Rittich, that series is over quick. Rittich is terrible, they don't have the defensive depth to make up for that. Actually, holy shit after Josi/Ekholm their defensive depth falls off a cliff.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Was playing around on the NHL's website and it caught my eye that Kadri and Makar have identical stat lines right now 27G, 58A, 86PTS. Kadri's done it in 69 games vs. Makar's 76. Still pretty crazy to have a dman with identical stats to our 2nd line center who is having a career year.

The fact that Kadri has done it in 7 fewer games is impressive. Give him the Norris.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I will say the roster has a lot of flexibility that can be used very situationally. Like if we’re protecting a lead throwing out Nuke-Sturm-Lehk is far better than anything we’ve had the last few years from a shutdown perspective.
Bednar loves to have Compher out there when protecting a lead, especially to take a faceoff in our own zone.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Dallas or Nashville has to hope Kadri keeps sucking and Rantanen + Landeskog play like shit after they return. I don't see how they advance if the Avs top guys deliver.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think the Avs absolutely stomp Nashville tonight. With the poor hockey they’ve been playing I think tonight is a statement game. Basically go out there and say I know you guys want to beat us so you don’t play us in round 1, but we’re not letting you have your way. We’re going to crush you tonight and we’re going to crush you again next week.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I think the Avs absolutely stomp Nashville tonight. With the poor hockey they’ve been playing I think tonight is a statement game. Basically go out there and say I know you guys want to beat us so you don’t play us in round 1, but we’re not letting you have your way. We’re going to crush you tonight and we’re going to crush you again next week.

Basically do on the ice what was done in this scene here...

103-youoldhornyslut.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Based on recency bias, I'd keep The Nuke and Lehkonen together, they seem to be working very very well. You can put anyone between them and it is going to be a very difficult line to play against.

I think you have to split them up. They elevate their linemates and drive gameflow in your direction. You need that on every line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad