TV: Last TV Show Episode You Watched and Rate It (Part I)

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
The Incredible Hulk (Death in the Family).

This was the second episode of the original Bill Bixby' Hulk series. It's an hour & a half long, and originally aired as a movie (subsequently split in to 2 episodes for tv syndication). Has Gerald McRaney (Major Dad, Simon & Simon), who played a couple roles in the span of the show.
I'm re-watching season 1 on DVD.. good stuff.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Kevin Spencer, season 3 episode 7.

Kevin, the teenage chain-smoking alcoholic sociopath and his deadbeat parents Percy and Anastasia hop on the train to visit Percy's dad in Montreal to borrow his health card to get Percy's pubic rash looked at, and because they miss him and shit. They cram in around the 47 greyhounds he's puppy milling and racing, but before long, Kevin gets bored and leaves. He liked Montreal because you can get beer anywhere, and most of the warehouses have raves in them. After drinking too much cough syrup again, he's briefly haunted by the ghost of Rene Levesque, who wants Kevin to make him a new clone body to inhabit. Kevin consults his imaginary friend Allan the magic goose, but Allan ignores him because he wasn't invited to Montreal. Percy gets arrested for violating the language laws by wearing a t-shirt with only English writing on it, and hatches a scheme to smuggle drugs into the US by making the racing dogs eat condoms full of hash. This fails badly. The French police invade the Indian reserve where the dog races were being held, and Kevin allows himself to be possessed by Rene Levesque's ghost to break the family out when Rene takes over a tank. They return to Ontario with souvenirs.

All three seasons of the heartwarming tales of Kevin, his drunken deadbeat welfare-draining parents and Allan the magic goose are streaming on Prime. The series gets funnier and more developed as it goes. Anarchic late 90's primitive animation that makes South Park look like Sesame Street. Funnier than I remembered.

Last edited:

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016
The Simpsons (Miseducation of Lisa Simpson).

Most recent episode of The Simpsons (2/16).. funny, insightful depiction of modern America's obsession with apps & the grim future of human labor..
One of the best episodes in a long time, my opinion..

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016
The Twilight Zone (The Last Flight).

(Original) Twilight Zone episode where a WW1 pilot inexplicably lands in modern times. Story about cowardice & regret, and a chance to fix those poor decisions. I've probably watched it 5 or 6 times over the years, but this time I was reminded how f*cking great season 1 of the original series was.. my opinion, one of the best seasons in the history of TV series..

0*DIwqpJg_BrUrcWTS.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Kevin Spencer, season 3 episode 7.

Kevin, the teenage chain-smoking alcoholic sociopath and his deadbeat parents Percy and Anastasia hop on the train to visit Percy's dad in Montreal to borrow his health card to get Percy's pubic rash looked at, and because they miss him and shit. They cram in around the 47 greyhounds he's puppy milling and racing, but before long, Kevin gets bored and leaves. He liked Montreal because you can get beer anywhere, and most of the warehouses have raves in them. After drinking too much cough syrup again, he's briefly haunted by the ghost of Rene Levesque, who wants Kevin to make him a new clone body to inhabit. Kevin consults his imaginary friend Allan the magic goose, but Allan ignores him because he wasn't invited to Montreal. Percy gets arrested for violating the language laws by wearing a t-shirt with only English writing on it, and hatches a scheme to smuggle drugs into the US by making the racing dogs eat condoms full of hash. This fails badly. The French police invade the Indian reserve where the dog races were being held, and Kevin allows himself to be possessed by Rene Levesque's ghost to break the family out when Rene takes over a tank. They return to Ontario with souvenirs.

All three seasons of the heartwarming tales of Kevin, his drunken deadbeat welfare-draining parents and Allan the magic goose are streaming on Prime. The series gets funnier and more developed as it goes. Anarchic late 90's primitive animation that makes South Park look like Sesame Street. Funnier than I remembered.
I love Kevin Spencer. The animation is so bad in the early episodes but its still so good. I watched every episode on youtube a couple years ago.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
The Leftovers, Season 1 - 4/5
The Leftovers, Season 2 - 5/5
The Leftovers, Season 3 - 4.5/5

Really glad I got around to finally watching this, it was an incredible show. Main theme is (dealing with) grief, so definitely not one of those happy feel-good shows but they pay-off was worth it. Most TV series are limited in their artistic merit, but The Leftovers can go up against any other show in that department in my opinion. The writing really never missed (huge improvement from Lindelof here in comparison to LOST), even when it took the story and characters to some truly unexpected places, and it just worked so well. The music and soundtrack choices were great too; so many perfect selections that captured the feel of the show.

Reactions: Matt19Oilers

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
The Bionic Woman-Season Two: "Road To Nashville". An above average episode in the BW series. Basically, Hoyt Axton is unwittingly sending out top secret information on his recordings. Jaime Sommers is pulled out of teaching at Vandenberg Air Base to play the role of Nashville wannabe singer who auditions for Axton and get to the bottom of the caper. Say 6.5/10. Ooh, next up is a Fembots three-parter.

My Best-Carey

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016
Hearts Afire (series premiere, 1992)

Anybody remember this John Ritter' series (?) I watched a couple episodes back in the 9os and didn't care about it.. but I noticed recently that Vudu is offering it for free viewing so watched it's series premiere. Not bad..
Ritter works for an obnoxious geriatric senator.. and starts to develop a professional & personal relationship with a self centered writer played by Markie Post. Had some laughs & romance.. Also has Billy Bob Thornton.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Unbelievable (Netflix miniseries) - 4/5

This was really good. There's tons of options of detective shows out there on TV, but this was definitely one of the better ones I've seen. Toni Collette and Merritt Wever were great as the leading pair. This should clean up at lot of awards at this year's Emmys.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
The Wire - Season 2 - Ep12 “Port in a Storm”
9.5/10

I’m almost 20 years late to The Wire party and after hearing rave reviews about it I’m on my first watch through of the series and I’m loving it. Admittedly it started a bit slow as do most great shows and so far everything that’s happened has culminated into the season 2 finale. The story arc of season two was told in such a great way that tied everything together perfectly and in such a tragic way that I was left satisfied after the conclusion while at the same time being left with a sick feeling. I say left with a sick feeling in the most positive way as it’s a reflection of the real world and how sometimes bad guys get away and there isn’t always a happy ending. I look forward to season 3

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016
Uncle Grandpa '1992 Called'

Cartoon Network series we've been rewatching on Hulu.. Uncle Grandpa is in a pair of early 90s, baggy bodybuilder pants.. his partners tell him that 1992 is literally calling to reclaim their obnoxious pants. Uncle complies, but accidentally programs his time portal for 1492.. where Columbus ends up with the tacky pants.. and world history is permanently altered.
Funny & surreal.. I liked it.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
9.8/10 Felina-Breaking Bad. Maybe the most satisfying finale in the history of TV. Some might argue that it was unrealistic that everything Walt wanted to accomplish went off pretty much according to plan (even his own death) but that's a small quibble. I've had season five "on ice" for a long time and it was a great payoff.

My Best-Carey

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The Outsider (2020 / 10 Episodes) :

A man is accused of killing children. There is proof galore but he swears he didn't do it.

I was pleasantly surprised how well acted (Ben Mendelsohn is terrific as always), well directed and well made the series is. Other than BCS, best series I've seen in a long while.

9/10

Last edited:

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
19-2 (English) -- S02E01 -- School

Possibly the most intense television episode I've ever seen. I don't like the idea of dramatizing school shootings, but if you're going to do it, that's how it's done.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The Night Of (2016 / 8 Episodes) :

A young man is in the wrong place at the wrong time and is charged with murder. The system is against him and it looks bad - it gets to the point where his own mother doesn't believe him. Can he get out of jail before it corrupts him past the point of no return?

8.5/10

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Better Call Saul (Season 5 / 10 Episodes) :

I LOVE this show and I will miss it when it's gone.

Kim Wexler is the best female character of seen in... forever.

10/10

Reactions: Matt19Oilers

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Killer : Inside The Mind Of Aaron Hernandez (2020) :

Better than average but, at 3 plus hours, the series outstays its welcome.

7/10

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Just rewatched the first Season of Veronica Mars witch I had seen almost 15 years ago when it was broadcasted on public television in my home country. At first glance it seems like your typical teen vehicle that revolves around questions such as wich character is gonna invited wich other character to the Sadie Hawkins Dance.

In retrospect I have to admit that the show was very much ahead of its time and holds up still to this day. Its basically a Twin-Peaks style murder Mystery story where a high school student attempts to solve the murder of her best friend. It was especially impressive to me that every clue that was presented to the main character and the audience led one step closer to the real culprit and there were basically no annoying red herrings. The show is also interesting on a thematic level as a lot problems like class-inequality, (cyber)bullying and various forms of abuse were touched upon wich you usually don't see in "teen-dramas".

09/10

Reactions: Zeppo

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
You'll never believe what happened to me, today...

My friend Janet was interested in a guy, but he preferred another chick with bigger boobs. Obviously, Janet was upset.

Then my other friend Chrissy, who was unaware of the situation, asked Janet, "What's this other woman got that you haven't got?", so Janet used her cupped hands to imply bigger boobs, and Chrissy, being the dingbat she is, thought / asked "Arthritis?".

It was CRAZY!!!!!

True story!!!!

Saw part of a Three's Company episode, today, for the first time in decades. I can't believe how awful 1970's TV was.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Space Force pilot...decent. Not sure why John Malkovich is doing another stupid accent, it's worse than the inconsistent accent he was using during Poirot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad