Post-Game Talk: Last second win!

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
More bad goaltending, sloppy d, too many penalties, offset by better effort leaving the zone, more physical play and three line scoring.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
I knew getting rid of bedard was gonna be bad
Bedard is a dinosaur that was teaching an outdated play style. He was preaching the same stuff he taught Chris Osgood. Furthermore, they fired the guy to promote Mrazek's goaltender coach from GR.

Mrazek is in the same case as Red Wing fans overrating and overhyping Nyquist and Tatar aka The Twins 2.0. I'll hold my breath while I wait for Nyquist to turn into a 50 goal scorer.

I'm hoping he can bounce back but it could be he simply isn't as good as people want him to be.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Mrazek was really shaky. But he did appear to get better as the game went on. His confidence is as low as the entire team's confidence is. Last season he was too green between the ears to know the difference. Lol

I hope Blashill starts him until Howard gets back. And Wings can score 5 goals per game. Lol

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Bedard is a dinosaur that was teaching an outdated play style. He was preaching the same stuff he taught Chris Osgood. Furthermore, they fired the guy to promote Mrazek's goaltender coach from GR.

Mrazek is in the same case as Red Wing fans overrating and overhyping Nyquist and Tatar aka The Twins 2.0. I'll hold my breath while I wait for Nyquist to turn into a 50 goal scorer.

I'm hoping he can bounce back but it could be he simply isn't as good as people want him to be.

I don't think anyone ever expected those two to become the Euro Twins V2. I think that was always understood to be an incredible long shot, and even then it was quite clear neither of them were ever going to play center.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Brandan Savage just tweeted that Blash says AA and Vanek are healthy, limited minutes Friday was his decision.

Yes we ended up winning, but those are two of our best players. Blash is gonna Blash.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I don't think anyone ever expected those two to become the Euro Twins V2. I think that was always understood to be an incredible long shot, and even then it was quite clear neither of them were ever going to play center.

yet nyquist is still listed as a center on ESPN lol.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Brandan Savage just tweeted that Blash says AA and Vanek are healthy, limited minutes Friday was his decision.

Yes we ended up winning, but those are two of our best players. Blash is gonna Blash.

Not trying to be smart or come off rude, but did you watch the game? They were not good.

AA has been a hot and cold player. It's weird. Some shifts he plays like an all-star, other shifts he plays like a brain dead dope head. He's so hot and cold, it's just crazy. But when he is cold, he is a liability. I'd rather he just disappear and you forget he's playing. But you notice him make so many bone head mistakes.

Vanek has cooled off and he can't seem to pass the puck. He's been a giveaway machine.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Not trying to be smart or come off rude, but did you watch the game? They were not good.

AA has been a hot and cold player. It's weird. Some shifts he plays like an all-star, other shifts he plays like a brain dead dope head. He's so hot and cold, it's just crazy. But when he is cold, he is a liability. I'd rather he just disappear and you forget he's playing. But you notice him make so many bone head mistakes.

Vanek has cooled off and he can't seem to pass the puck. He's been a giveaway machine.

That description could be pasted onto a lot of guys this year. Part of it, I'm sure, is something that just goes hand in hand with having a bunch of younger guys but I think a fair share of it is just the system Blashill is running. I don't think we really have the guys to execute it well, and when it's not being executed well, guys are getting lost and don't know what to do.

At that point it's either skate like hell or sit back, either way you're trying to overcome the fact that you're out in no-man's land praying not to be exposed.

Also, it's probably questionable at this point if Blashill has just done a lousy job implementing it.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
That description could be pasted onto a lot of guys this year. Part of it, I'm sure, is something that just goes hand in hand with having a bunch of younger guys but I think a fair share of it is just the system Blashill is running. I don't think we really have the guys to execute it well, and when it's not being executed well, guys are getting lost and don't know what to do.

At that point it's either skate like hell or sit back, either way you're trying to overcome the fact that you're out in no-man's land praying not to be exposed.

Also, it's probably questionable at this point if Blashill has just done a lousy job implementing it.

In the season, sure. But last night, no. Tatar and Nyquist played their best games in a long time. Mantha was checking and was playing like a man wanting to win. Zetterberg was playing with a chip on his should. Helm was showing his speed and scored. Abby had some great plays and a nice shot rang of the bar. He was hitting everything including Zetterberg :laugh:

The forwards were playing as a unit. Vanek and AA... not so much. AA was invisible. I said this in my first post in this thread. I asked if he decided to take the night off?

You can criticize Blashill for a lot of things throughout this season, but last night cutting AA and Vanek's minutes shouldn't be on of them.

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
In the season, sure. But last night, no. Tatar and Nyquist played their best games in a long time. Mantha was checking and was playing like a man wanting to win. Zetterberg was playing with a chip on his should. Helm was showing his speed and scored. Abby had some great plays and a nice shot rang of the bar. He was hitting everything including Zetterberg :laugh:

The forwards were playing as a unit. Vanek and AA... not so much. AA was invisible. I said this in my first post in this thread. I asked if he decided to take the night off?

You can criticize Blashill for a lot of things throughout this season, but last night cutting AA and Vanek's minutes shouldn't be on of them.

AA was benched after the first period. How do you not be invisible if you're not on the ice? Yes, I can and will criticize him for that. It's ridiculous to let the young players sit. Play them now or get rid of them. Haven't we done this a million times already? Whoopdedoo, one game with a few lucky bounces. Nice of Nyquist and Tatar to make an appearance.

I must have been watching a different game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad