Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Wasn't Grant Clitsome on the Knights?
grant-clitsome-2015-6378.jpg

Reactions: NeverForget06

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Now we just wait for one of these guys to buy or build a house on of their own streets

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I think this will make Erik Haula the third finn to have a street named after him in the US. Sibelius and Lauri Törni (Larry Thorne) are the only ones who have gotten the honours before him I think!

Reactions: Morrison

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I'm assuming there will be no stop signs on Malcolm Subban Street

was trying to think of somethin good, well done.

love the idea, really cool for those guys.. but last name only would be much better? Fleury Lane- short, easy, no problem. But like, imagine telling people you live on “Marc-Andre Fleury Street” all the time. Idk, I’m just imagining it’d get annoying. “You live on a street named after a goalie? That’s a goalie right? Do you love hockey? Is that a K or a C in Marc?” Figure it’d require more explanation than I ever want my street name to have.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
That's awesome but if you're gonna name a street after Suzuki, Brannstrom should get one too.

At first I thought OP was going to say there would be a Clayton Stoner blvd or a Grabovski drive.

Edit: Where's Leipsic ave?

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
why the first names

the only one that should have the first name is ryan reaves road and they used his name with “street”

SMH

People will have to google the full names for their maps.

This is the stupidest hockey article I have ever read. Please be from the Onion

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
So whos this street named after?

Civil rights leader.

And that one?

Third president of the United States.

And the one we just passed?

Fourth liner on a local hockey team that almost won a championship. I think hes selling insurance now.
It’s not like Harlem or something. They already have Dean Martin Blvd and Frank Sinatra whatever.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I really don't think the phenomenon itself is that crazy, but it might just be the california in me talking. But most of ours I can think of are pretty short--Cesar Chavez, Gene Autry Way, etc...the only really long VGK one would have been Jonathan Marchessault but they seem to have omitted his first name.

I really really wish they would have had some longer european names with umlauts and tildes though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad