Las Vegas Expansion in 2017-18 Thread

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I wonder if you will be allowed to gamble at the arena. Playing blackjack at a hockey game drinking some high end bourbon and smoking a cigar is a fantasy I never knew I had.

This is amazing. You could literally bet on the game while it was happening right in front of you.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I actually wouldn't be surprised if they had a sports book gathering on the concourse. Some comfy chairs, a bunch of tv's with all sports playing and a betting station.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I actually wouldn't be surprised if they had a sports book gathering on the concourse. Some comfy chairs, a bunch of tv's with all sports playing and a betting station.

That would be fun. I'm not much into sports betting, but I'd certainly put money on a game I was actually at or about to go to.

Anyway, when the Avs play there, who is up for a road trip???

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I wonder if you will be allowed to gamble at the arena. Playing blackjack at a hockey game drinking some high end bourbon and smoking a cigar is a fantasy I never knew I had.

That's how it should be. Don't run away from the gambling and Vegas experience, embrace it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Unless it's some really stupid time of year like super bowl Sunday or something I am planning on going to the first Avs game in Vegas.

I assume this announcement is going to be live on NHL net, no?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Cool for Vegas and really appreciate the risks Bettman takes on this. Will cheer for Vegas even if that potential screws us up in the expansion draft.

FYI for the people complaining about Quebec, the reason why they didn't get a team is because of the instability of the Canadian dollar. Once it starts to stagnate over a consistent time, they most definitely will be getting a team.

Curious any word on Vegas team in terms of draft? I heard they will be guaranteed lottery positions for the next four drafts. Don't know if that's just a rumour as of now.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Curious any word on Vegas team in terms of draft? I heard they will be guaranteed lottery positions for the next four drafts. Don't know if that's just a rumour as of now.

That's what Friedman has reported.

Next season they'll have the same odds as the third worst team in the league.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
That embarassing moment when you don't even have 7 forwards worth protecting lol. We aren't gonna lose one of Bigras and Zadorov are we cos of Beuchamin? Need to move Beuch asap or buyout if so.

Looking at the rules, this teams prospect group is gonna be SO bad outside of their draft picks. They can't even pick prospects lol and they can't trade for them cos they have to trade for forwards. I don't think they'll be as competitive as people say unless they get lucky with FA.s

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Thanks guys.

Oops just read that the Canadian dollar has nothing to do with Quebec not getting a team. Sounds like there might be some movement among one of the Eastern teams going to Portland or Seattle which then will open a spot for Quebec. Seems like Bettman is waiting for the situation in Carolina to resolve before wanting another team.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
That embarassing moment when you don't even have 7 forwards worth protecting lol. We aren't gonna lose one of Bigras and Zadorov are we cos of Beuchamin? Need to move Beuch asap or buyout if so.

Looking at the rules, this teams prospect group is gonna be SO bad outside of their draft picks. They can't even pick prospects lol and they can't trade for them cos they have to trade for forwards. I don't think they'll be as competitive as people say unless they get lucky with FA.s

Bigras will be exempt from the process as a second year pro.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Bigras will be exempt and they can just protect 8 skaters and a goalie to keep Zadorov.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So who are the two forwards and 1 Dman with 40+ games next year that we should expose?

My vote is on McCleod, Comeau, and Holden. This is actually a very good reason to keep Holden around.

As of right now, I think we should keep:

Landy
Mack
Duchene
Grigorenko

EJ
Zads
Beauch
Barrie

Varly/Picks

But if we do sign Radulov or an equal caliber free agent this summer, I would try and ask Beauch if he'd be willing to wait the NMC so that we can go 7F/3D instead and go with:

Landy
Mack
Duchene
Sods
Greg
Radulov
Comeau

Perhaps even bring back Skille or Martinsen for the season and play them as 13th forward just so they can get about the 70 game threshold for the last 2 seasons and be eligible to be exposed in the expansion draft.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Thanks guys.

Oops just read that the Canadian dollar has nothing to do with Quebec not getting a team. Sounds like there might be some movement among one of the Eastern teams going to Portland or Seattle which then will open a spot for Quebec. Seems like Bettman is waiting for the situation in Carolina to resolve before wanting another team.

Bettman did, not sure where you heard that.

Perhaps even bring back Skille or Martinsen for the season and play them as 13th forward just so they can get about the 70 game threshold for the last 2 seasons and be eligible to be exposed in the expansion draft.

Then you have to sign them to a 2 year deal.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So goalies can be RFAs and not under contract, but defensemen and forwards will have to be under contract for 17-18. There was compromise there. So far the Avs should be covered up front between Soda, Comeau, and McLeod... Defense only Holden counts ATM. So either can't be moved, or the Avs sign somebody (Wiercioch?) to a 2 year deal.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So goalies can be RFAs and not under contract, but defensemen and forwards will have to be under contract for 17-18. There was compromise there. So far the Avs should be covered up front between Soda, Comeau, and McLeod... Defense only Holden counts ATM. So either can't be moved, or the Avs sign somebody (Wiercioch?) to a 2 year deal.

Or convince Beachemin to waive and leave him exposed. Vegas promises not to take him (possibly for compensation) and based on that promise Beauchemin agrees to waive to help his team.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Or convince Beachemin to waive and leave him exposed. Vegas promises not to take him (possibly for compensation) and based on that promise Beauchemin agrees to waive to help his team.

I don't think he will waive personally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad