L'Art Scelleur - Part II - Recovery Edition

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Who is kidding who when it comes to Lars Eller?
For some reason Lars Eller bears the bruises of a smear campaign that started almost immediately after game 1 when his error was singled out amongst the 57 others both teams committed.
The Playoff Beast was forgotten amongst jeers and cries of tunnel vision and poor defensivel play.
The Player has continued on with his same game day in day out and has always seemed to put his line where it needs to be. Winning valuable territory and odd man situations. The plus minus stat continued on it's negative slide. The hue and cry became louder. Eller supporters adamant his game hadn't changed, while his detractor's carried on with their same refrain. To the eye of many it is a simple case of bad luck where he and his mates are not able to close. To our coach it seems we shouldn't read too much into the plus minus stuff one night and then he proceeds to bench him the next. Finally one of the brightest analytics minds out there debunks the theory that Eller is doing nothing but even that won't sway those who smell blood.

The logical thing to do would be to get him new wingers particularly LW.
Not a chance let's make him a winger and a happy man out of Plecky at the same time.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Bump Bump Bump

Well, after being the ONLY CENTER able to worked something out of Bourque even if it's was for a short period of time....he finally have SOME talents back on his wing and AS USUAL, as soon as Eller get SOME talents, he's AGAIN outplaying and outproducing David Desharnais.

Now, Eller produce more than DD at 5 on 5...yet, he can't have a sniff at the PP.....although this PP is broken and need to be fixe. He outproduced DD while having absolutely No vision:sarcasm: and Bourque for most of the year.

Eller: 4 points in his last 5 games.....without PP, 4th best scorer on the team so far.
Desharnais: 1 points in his last 5 games.....with tons of PP time.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
glad he's producing now, but i won't hold my breath it'll last or that people wont find a new excuse for him when he goes cold again

Last edited:

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada
I've got only two words for you guys: sample and size.

So you are gonna come back later to this thread when Eller goes on a slump and say I told you so? I know its hard for some people to admit, but Eller is playing well as of late. Give credit where it is due. Hopefully the Eller-Sekac line continue their strong play for the rest of the season.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'm just happy he has linemates now. Eller can very effective with the correct kind of winger. Let's hope he can learn to defer to Sekac for the playmaking. Eller as we know takes too long to dish the puck. I hope he can learn to focus on crashing the net and screening the goalie

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
glad he's producing now, but i won't hold my breath it'll last or that people wont find a new excuse for him when he goes cold again

This isn't the excuse thread...
There are two other threads full of them (excuses) if you look hard enough.
I think we'll be okay I'm confident we won't see a 1 in twenty slump.:sarcasm:

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
glad to see Eller have success recently, I've always said that he can't try to be fancy, he's not talented enough for that, he scored two goals because he was in front of the net crashing it for the garbage goal, I hope that he continue to play that way, he have to let Sekak ( the most talented player of that line ) make the plays and then collect the fruits of it.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I've got only two words for you guys: sample and size.

Over the past 41 games Eller and Desharnais have produced equally. So it's not exactly a small sample size. And it's not something new either. For the first 99 games this team played under Therrien, Eller put up the same number of points as Desharnais did. That leaves a whopping 28 games where Desharnais outproduced Eller since Therrien became coach.

It doesn't take into account zone starts, or linemates, PP time, or any of the multitude of other factors that Desharnais gets to help him produce. So despite all the advantages that DD gets, for 83% of the time they've been equally productive.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I think that DD is outproducing Eller in the past few weeks.

Not really, Eller hasn't got a point in his last 5 games, (He had 4 points in 5 games prior). Desharnais has 2 points over the last 5 games, but both were last game.

It's safe to say that they were both in a mini slump the last couple of weeks, Desharnais broke out of his last game, Eller still hasn't.

Last edited:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Not really, Eller hasn't got a point in his last 5 games, (He had 7 points in 6 games prior). Desharnais has 2 points over the last 5 games, but both were last game.

It's safe to say that they were both in a mini slump the last couple of weeks, Desharnais broke out of his last game, Eller still hasn't.

Going by the eye test I don't think anyone would tell you DD played a better game than Eller yesterday. Thomas dragging down that line cost Eller/Sekac some points.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Not really, Eller hasn't got a point in his last 5 games, (He had 7 points in 6 games prior). Desharnais has 2 points over the last 5 games, but both were last game.

Not sure I get you there. Eller has been pointless in his last 5 games. In the 6 games prior to that, he had 1g and 3a, for 4 points.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Yes, that one. Smooth hands, I doubt he can pull that off in a real game though.

A lot more pressure in a real game, it's a lot more risky but it was nice. I'm not surprised either, he's always been fairly good on shootouts and always had good puck handling skills.

He also took a slapshot on another attempt and blasted it in, beauty.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Not sure I get you there. Eller has been pointless in his last 5 games. In the 6 games prior to that, he had 1g and 3a, for 4 points.

My bad, I added up the +/- category instead of points. Your right 4 points.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
A lot more pressure in a real game, it's a lot more risky but it was nice. I'm not surprised either, he's always been fairly good on shootouts and always had good puck handling skills.

He also took a slapshot on another attempt and blasted it in, beauty.

I don't see him trying it on a breakaway but in a shootout sure, it's not like he's shied away from doing the fancy stuff before.

I'm actually quite surprised he doesn't get used more in the shootout. Everybody talked about how good Desharnais was the last year couple years in the shootouts, yet Eller was just as good and not a peep. He hasn't even taken a shot this year despite Desharnais and Galchenyuk not doing all that well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad