News Article: Larry Murphy to Replace Eliot?

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I was PISSED when they fired Murphy, so I'm absolutely stoked that he's back.

I liked Elliot too, but he was a bit "dry" and IMO seemed better suited for national broadcasts.

I actually think Murphy and Osgood will be pretty hilarious together.

I'm just glad they didn't go with one of the corpses that does analysis between periods at LCA (I've seen Chelios, Legace, Bertuzzi, Drew Miller and even Jason Woolley there), or John Ogrodnick, who was absolutely BRUTAL in those couple games he filled in in studio recently.

I think McCarty and Holmstrom need to be included in broadcasts somehow as well...

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I've always enjoyed any former Red Wing they've had host the games and Murphy is no exception.

One guy who almost constantly jokes but is rarely if ever funny, and serves no purpose other than to ask dumb questions, is Keating. If they got rid of that guy and stopped Light the Lamp, I think the games would be about 212% better.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I've always enjoyed any former Red Wing they've had host the games and Murphy is no exception.

One guy who almost constantly jokes but is rarely if ever funny, and serves no purpose other than to ask dumb questions, is Keating. If they got rid of that guy and stopped Light the Lamp, I think the games would be about 212% better.

I like Keating.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Lil Bert

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I missed what happened to Darren Eliot...did he go someplace else? Was he let go?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I found Keating to be weird but fine, up until not too long after Ken Daniel's kid passed away and he literally asked Ken "how's things at home?" on live television.

Watching Ken squirm at the question and try to shrug it off was frustrating.

Reactions: Sir Savage the 21st

Shultzyfeelinirie25

Jun 29, 2018
I overall would say we have great guys commentating and calling our games ive seen some others in cities and their broadcast is brutal. Larry is hilarious to me he always seems like he has the time of his life in the booth lauging at his own weird jokes and its great.

Reactions: Lil Bert

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
I overall would say we have great guys commentating and calling our games ive seen some others in cities and their broadcast is brutal. Larry is hilarious to me he always seems like he has the time of his life in the booth lauging at his own weird jokes and its great.

Its funny that he's bringing up hot dogs like ten times a game again, but his inability to pronounce players names is infuriating.

I heard him say KronwEll severall times, and every time he said AA's name he called him Anthanasiou, adding an extra N. But then he said Athony Mantha, removing the N in Anthony, wtf Murph! Also he said Jiminy Howard once. Like the cricket.

His first couple games back he was fine between the periods, but last night he seemed back to ol drunken sounding hot dog Murph.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Its funny that he's bringing up hot dogs like ten times a game again, but his inability to pronounce players names is infuriating.

I heard him say KronwEll severall times, and every time he said AA's name he called him Anthanasiou, adding an extra N. But then he said Athony Mantha, removing the N in Anthony, wtf Murph! Also he said Jiminy Howard once. Like the cricket.

His first couple games back he was fine between the periods, but last night he seemed back to ol drunken sounding hot dog Murph.

Pretty sure Murph is half in the bag by puck drop time.
He called Arizona's OEL, Oliver Ekman-Larkin the other night. LOL

Reactions: NickH8

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I don't think I've seen Osgood on a telecast since before Christmas. Anyone know what's going on with him? I haven't seen anything regarding this.

Not sure how reliable the source was, but I recall seeing a comment on an article or something on Facebook regarding the Murphy return saying that Osgood was out because he was coaching one of his kids hockey teams or something.

Spartan1

Mar 5, 2019
Not sure how reliable the source was, but I recall seeing a comment on an article or something on Facebook regarding the Murphy return saying that Osgood was out because he was coaching one of his kids hockey teams or something.

He was coaching his kids team in a tournament this past weekend in Kalamazoo.
I’d have to pay a bit more attention but I think most of the broadcasts he misses line up with tournaments he coaches his kids team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad