Injury Report: Larkin

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011

I have a feeling we are going to get some bad news

He ran into someone in the first period, IIRC, and kind of slid off them and looked like he wasn't the same from then on. Really slow, both in speed and reaction time. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Killing our center depth to create center depth, come on down Shane Wright (more likely Logan Cooley)

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
Should have been aiming for lottery odds anyway. Hate seeing Larks injured but we need talent. adding one player per draft isn't cutting it.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Well... you can officially sell by the TDL now. Dang-it.

I wanna agree with the keep winning statement above but without Larkin for a long period of time they'll fall way out of standing. No reason to keep Leddy/Stecher/Namestikov hanging if they aren't long-term signings/plans now. Won't return a huge haul but still.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Well... you can officially sell by the TDL now. Dang-it.

I wanna agree with the keep winning statement above but without Larkin for a long period of time they'll fall way out of standing.

It doesn't matter are we at playoff race or not.

Yzerman will sell. That's his TD history.

IT was that at Tampa. One deadline he had that big push for McDonagh. Othervise he mostly sold people, even at playoff year, and promoted "graduated" kids from the farm after deadline.

A) Sign free assets at summer
B) sell some other assets at deadline, or some player for player trades for positional needs with yearly situation.
C) promote graduated kids.

Repeat every year. That's best possible asset management. Free assets at summer + moronic buyers at deadline = SELL + long term building going behind - replace lost players with younger future core.

That's it. A three-phased season - and standings won't matter.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
It doesn't matter are we at playoff race or not.

Yzerman will sell. That's his TD history.

IT was that at Tampa. One deadline he had that big push for McDonagh. Othervise he mostly sold people, even at playoff year, and promoted "graduated" kids from the farm after deadline.

A) Sign free assets at summer
B) sell some other assets at deadline, or some player for player trades for positional needs with yearly situation.
C) promote graduated kids.

Repeat every year. That's best possible asset management. Free assets at summer + moronic buyers at deadline = SELL + long term building going behind - replace lost players with younger future core.

That's it. A three-phased season - and standings won't matter.
This. If folks thought that being .500+ this far into the season was going to deter Yzerman from making the moves he feels he needs to make for the team to be competitive for the long haul, then I'm guessing you still need to purge the memory of Ken Holland from your brains.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad