Larkin VS Pettersson

Larkin or Pettersson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Definitely Pettersson. Larkin prob tops out as a guy like O’Reilly which is really good but Petterssson could top out as a guy like Datsyuk, an all timer

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
never watch nucks so this is a question = can petersen haul the mail and shadow top opponants like larkin whose elite in both aspects ?

hcg

Oct 12, 2018
never watch nucks so this is a question = can petersen haul the mail and shadow top opponants like larkin whose elite in both aspects ?
Not yet, but he was solid enough for a rookie and is willing to put in the work in the defensive end.

I don't really want him out there against some guys. a lot of top centers are going to have 20 pounds on him easy.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
this isn't fair for Larkin...

Yeah dumn poll. Obviously Petts. But Larkin is getting better and better. Spent first part of his career on a shit team. Look at what hes doing now that the Wings are improving.

They arent far away. Especially after getting Yzerman back.

coo1beans

Mar 29, 2010
Spite thread. If the canucks offered petey to the wings for larkin... you think the wings would even need to think about it?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
How does someones single opinion to make a poll over hype a very good player?
It's obviously not just this poll. Seems like ever since we did the center ranking poll, Larkin is put into more and more ridiculous comparisons every couple of days by posters on here. (Yesterday, for example, he was better than Taylor Hall)

And it's really unfair because he's an excellent player.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's obviously not just this poll. Seems like ever since we did the center ranking poll, Larkin is put into more and more ridiculous comparisons every couple of days by posters on here. (Yesterday, for example, he was better than Taylor Hall)

And it's really unfair because he's an excellent player.
Id take him over Taylor Hall at this point if im building a team. His motor is incredible obvious since he was drafted.

Reactions: cheesehead9099

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well, that's wrong, but ok.
Well i have seen alot of your takes and think many are wrong. So we clearly dont see the sport the same way.

Larkin is better than you think he is based on what ive read.

As talented as Hall is he doesnt elevate his teammates. His team success and point differential compared to his teammates and linemates are the statistical proof. Eye test matches this statement. Now i am not saying he cant be a good player what i am saying is he isnt good enough to be the best player on a good team. In a complimentary role on a team with established stars and a strong leadership group he could have a Phil Kessel like effect. Just dont want him to 'be the guy'. You are more than welcome to disagree and are well within your capacity to say you dont and i wouldnt blame you. However I am confident in my opinion.

Larkin is a way better defensive player if Hall doesnt outscore him this year how can you say he is better? He plays a less valuable position too.

Reactions: cheesehead9099

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well i have seen alot of your takes and think many are wrong. So we clearly dont see the sport the same way.

Larkin is better than you think he is based on what ive read.

As talented as Hall is he doesnt elevate his teammates. His team success and point differential compared to his teammates and linemates are the statistical proof. Eye test matches this statement. Now i am not saying he cant be a good player what i am saying is he isnt good enough to be the best player on a good team. You are more than welcome to disagree and are well within your capacity to say you dont and i wouldnt blame you. However I am confident in my opinion.

Larkin is a way better defensive player if Hall doesnt outscore him this year how can you say he is better? He plays a less valuable position too.
Who the hell has Larkin elevated?

The guy in 2nd on the Wings last year finished 18 points behind him and didn't even play with Larkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad