Confirmed with Link: Larkin signs (8 x $8.7)

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Would have preferred a couple hundred thousand dollars less, but still a real solid deal.

Hometown kid, captain of the team, is he one of the best centres in the game… definitely not, but overall a solid player getting paid market value for what he’s worth.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Good deal, and it is a fair one. Only worry is maybe the last 2-3 year's of the deal if injuries rob him of effectiveness.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I don't like it. Larkin isn't a special talent. Could easily be replaced at a later stage. Don't see him winning anything with Detroit.
This is my sentiment. It only helps them finish 10th every year. They need superstars if they want to win long term.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Oh I've been working on it. Some doubt has begun to creep into my brain though.

I know I've been hard on you lately, but you're still the best chance we have to send an forum member to the pros, so chin up, we're all counting on you.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
They can do both tho, keep Larkin and do the thing.

Absolutely. Elite talents are getting paid 10+ these days. Even not really elite talents like Jonathan Huberdeau are getting those deals.

Larkin below 9 is exactly all we could hope for to keep him on the Wings. He's a first line talent and with the cap on the rise, his deal may look really good in 2-3 years if he maintains this current play.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
This is my sentiment. It only helps them finish 10th every year. They need superstars if they want to win long term.

Signing Larkin doesn't preclude getting a superstar. They certainly aren't getting one in a league where they can't get higher than a 4OA pick.

I just posted this on the Detroit board, but from 2013-2022 20 out of 40 top-4 picks went to the Atlantic, and 8 out of 10 first overall picks as well. Detroit got leapfrogged for the vast majority of those picks. You can't build through the draft when 50% of all top-4 picks and 80% of first overall picks are being drafted into your division by teams that are already better than yours.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Superstars make more money than this.... It isn't a superstar contract, get ready Mo is about to get one of those.

Happy for Larks, glad to see this get done. Anything under 9 million would make me happy so good work Stevie.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I know I've been hard on you lately, but you're still the best chance we have to send a forum member to the pros, so chin up, we're all counting on you.
*jogs in place, shakes hands at sides, purses lips and exhales a few short, quick breaths while looking skyward to the hockey gods*

I got this, I got this, I got this, Bench believes in me, I got this.

• Haha
Reactions: Bench

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
*jogs in place, shakes hands at sides, purses lips and exhales a few short, quick breaths while looking skyward to the hockey gods*

I got this, I got this, I got this, Bench believes in me, I got this.
Jog?... Have you considered a video coaching job? Haha.

Although feel free to take the actual question seriously.

• Haha
Reactions: jaster

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
This seems about fair value to me. Surprised Yzerman got him down below 9, was expecting something between 9.25-9.5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad