Injury Report: Larkin out Remainder of the Season

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Everyone knew Larkin is injured, but what was the point for him to PK? Did Yzerman tried to win games? Don't understand why not use Zadina at PK, he did it at juniors.

Yeah, Zadina has more to gain by playing PK than Larkin does now that the team has been eliminated.

Worst that can happen is better draft position. Best case scenario, he might actually learn how to defend.

He always tries to do the headfake and hard first step which never works when he's got the puck. Defensively, he falls for that move every time. It's kinda funny.

Reactions: lilidk

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
I don’t know man, with the year that Larkin was having I would have been doing the same thing and I’m more than okay with him going after it the way he did.

If the team shut him down that’s one thing, but I have admiration for him being the heart and soul of the team this year. If you thought the past few games were bad, wait until we watch this team try to do anything without a single top 6 center on the team.
I can't disagree with your statement. I have no clue as to the long term impact of the injury, he IS their leader, a total TEAM guy, etc. Huge fan but that 10+ weeks of recovery in the offseason, plus those extra points he assuredely gained for this team amay not be in their respective long term interests. As for Larkin, major props fighting through the injury and a tip of the cap for a great season .

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Yeah, Zadina has more to gain by playing PK than Larkin does now that the team has been eliminated.

Worst that can happen is better draft position. Best case scenario, he might actually learn how to defend.

He always tries to do the headfake and hard first step which never works when he's got the puck. Defensively, he falls for that move every time. It's kinda funny.
We may need to bring Filppula back to give Zadina some shooting lessons.

• Haha
Reactions: Gniwder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad