Larkin beats Mike Gartner's fastest skater record!

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Because it's supposed to be a fun event with some competition involved.
It's cool to see your guy win, even if it doesn't actually mean anything.

And it shows what we've all known about Larkin since he started the year with the Wings. He's a damn stud who is headed towards an outstanding career.

I don't get the handwringing about his running start or whatever... outside of jealous fans from the other 12 fanbases who could have had Larkin but took someone else (McEichel belonged before him).

The event was cool to watch and it was awesome to see Larkin tear it up.

Eichel and McDavid were drafted in a different draft than Larkin was.

Chip39

Apr 19, 2013
Wait a minute I watched it at the bar and couldn't hear very well does time start when the whistle blows or from when he got to the red line?

Chip39

Apr 19, 2013
Hmmmmm what controversy? That ain't legit. What if you gave a 100 m runner a running start. That said he was freaking flying. No question he could have beat it legitimately I don't know why he wouldn't have tried.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I'd blame the linesman telling him to start at the blue line. Larks looks like he is pointing to the center line.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Larkin was at least 0,5secs faster than anybody else on the first round. :laugh:

"Usain Bolt -moment", like Kevin Weekes said.

In ~13 secs competition, you are 0,5 secs faster... relatively that's a HUGE gap.

Was it Saad who was second fastest?

Chip39

Apr 19, 2013
Booyeah complaint removed. Still weird that they would do that. I'm not surprised though he was flat out flying

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Larkin was at least 0,5secs faster than anybody else on the first round. :laugh:

"Usain Bolt -moment", like Kevin Weekes said.

In ~13 secs competition, you are 0,5 secs faster... relatively that's a HUGE gap.

Was it Saad who was second fastest?
Yeah it was basically a full second faster than most of the guys, including Matt Duchene. I'm pretty sure it must have been one of the fastest times in that half-lap format ever too. Just looking at some of the past winners, they've mostly been over 13 seconds I believe.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yeah it was basically a full second faster than most of the guys, including Matt Duchene. I'm pretty sure it must have been one of the fastest times in that half-lap format ever too. Just looking at some of the past winners, they've mostly been over 13 seconds I believe.

Nice. :yo:

TopShelfYzerman

Gm 7 Double OT
Jan 3, 2011
USA
www.youtube.com
What a performance overall by this kid. Breaks fastest skating record at all star competition, goes 2/2 on shootout, then gets the most points of either team in his first game.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Now just imagine what a little over-seasoning in Grand Rapids will do for him. ;)

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Guess it's only a matter of time until Red Bull contacts him, in regard to a more efficient promotion of their products. :sarcasm:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Eichel and McDavid were drafted in a different draft than Larkin was.

You're right they were. I got confused a bit because those two got drafted and started right away. With Larkin only being 19, I forgot he was 2014 and not just this past draft.

That makes it even worse for other teams. He probably should have been taken #2 OA then if that draft is re-done (Ekblad is still the top pick)

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
You're right they were. I got confused a bit because those two got drafted and started right away. With Larkin only being 19, I forgot he was 2014 and not just this past draft.

That makes it even worse for other teams. He probably should have been taken #2 OA then if that draft is re-done (Ekblad is still the top pick)

Draisaitl makes a strong case for #2 overall imo

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Larkin is awesome. But it's way too early to say still.

Have you seen what Draisaitl has done this year on garbage Edmonton????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad