Larkin beats Mike Gartner's fastest skater record!

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
What a performance overall by this kid. Breaks fastest skating record at all star competition, goes 2/2 on shootout, then gets the most points of either team in his first game.

I'd like to go back in time to tell him "one day you're going to assist a Jaromir Jagr goal in an all star game."

Blow his little mother****ing mind.

Aug 6, 2012
Watching him skate with the puck at the all-star game was amazing. You could tell he was trying to show off his skating :D

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Watching him skate with the puck at the all-star game was amazing. You could tell he was trying to show off his skating :D

He did make me nervous yesterday, he was trying to loop around the net to gather speed and slammed pretty hard into the boards. He seemed to get back into the play pretty quick though.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
He did make me nervous yesterday, he was trying to loop around the net to gather speed and slammed pretty hard into the boards. He seemed to get back into the play pretty quick though.

I wasn't paying close attention and wasn't sure who it was and thought, It's prob Larkin, lol.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Did Larkin participate in any other drills other than the shootout and speed skating contests?

I could have swore I saw a photo of him going around some cones or something against another player but I can't find video of it anywhere.

Can anyone help?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Did Larkin participate in any other drills other than the shootout and speed skating contests?

I could have swore I saw a photo of him going around some cones or something against another player but I can't find video of it anywhere.

Can anyone help?

That was the skill relay contest. He stick handled around the cones in it, I believe.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
That was the skill relay contest. He stick handled around the cones in it, I believe.

He did the stickhandling weave thingy. Showed some good mitts doing that. It was just back and forth, but he was basically as fast as Kane (they both made one slip).

I'll be honest with Larkin lined up for the speed contest, I had no idea what to expect. Some really fast players have put up poor laps during that test. And while Larkin shows speed, I had no idea his top speed could compete with the rest of the NHL speedsters.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Larkin confirmed in an interview that Helm is the faster skater between the two.

Technically he said in a race from end to end Helmer would beat him, but if there were turns involved it would give him a shot.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Larkin confirmed in an interview that Helm is the faster skater between the two.

I would kind of expect the 19 year old to say that of the respected hardworking veteran, regardless of what the truth is...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad