Laraque... the prophet

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
No. Anderson made the saves he should have made. We let him see everything. The biggest factors were the Sens D keeping us to the perimeter, Sens forwards punishing our D and forwards along the board and the physical play which contributed to a number of Habs injuries. Price also was not strong.

Anderson really was not as big a story as some make it out to be.

So basically we agree but you don't want to admit Anderson made some amazing saves and was a factor.

Ok.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
Um Anderson was in fact part of the reason why we lost. The physical play of the Sens and the Walrus's mind games also contributed.

But mostly it was a brutal call that allowed a kicked in goal to stand in game 4. If they correctly waved that off, Habs would have been tied 2 games a piece and Price likely wouldn't have been injured.

Habs got victimized by giants like Conacher and Pageau. Neil, Gryba, Methot, all the bigs had very little to do with it. Habs didn't lose the series because they lost some fights. They lost the series because they didn't score as much as the Sens. Simple as that.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Well I don't know about you guys, but it sure was fun watching the Habs get pushed around for 5 playoff games against the Sens last year.

• Eller getting destroyed by Gryba in Game 1
  • Gionta tearing his bicep(limited to 2 games)
  • Pacioretty missing a game with a lower-body injury
  • Prust getting injured while fighting(limited to 4 games)
  • White fighting and ending up with a punctured lung(missed game 5)

That all happened in a span of FIVE games, and the fifth game was 6-1 blowout by the Sens.

The Habs were pushed around in that series by a Sens lineup that included:
  • Gyba
  • Neil
  • Kassian
  • Methot
  • Cowen
  • Smith

this post i so far beyond idiotic i wouldnt even know when to begin....

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
So basically we agree but you don't want to admit Anderson made some amazing saves and was a factor.

Ok.

He was a factor but a small one. What amazing saves did he make? He saw everything. He didn't have to deal with 2nd and 3rd chance opportunities. He did his job but he wasn't even a top 3 factor.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
A lot of Habs fans believe that the Habs were vastly superior to the Senators in that series, and that Ottawa only won because Anderson was flukey.

It was a 4-1 fluke in their mind.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
A lot of Habs fans believe that the Habs were vastly superior to the Senators in that series, and that Ottawa only won because Anderson was flukey.

It was a 4-1 fluke in their mind.

Anything to prevent have to admit we were the red headed stepchild. If its not anderson, its the kicked in goal. The fact that the habs were so soft at the end that monsters like pageau could ride the blue paint with impunity is something never to be mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad