Rumor: Laraque: "Sabres looking to trade Evander Kane"

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
We just did a test drive on Zak Kassian . TMac and Chia did a great job with him. So I am betting we might have the same luck with Kane.

Maybe, maybe not but imagine if he simply grew up :amazed:

He would be worth 2 1st rounders.

Buffalo gm is waiting for your phone call to get that deal done.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
Hes REALLY that bad???

For two 1st rounders from the oilers? They take that and run. The kid has talent but we all know the back story. If you wanna gamble two lottery picks in hopes he straightens out be my guest. I doubt any other Oilers fans are gonna be on board with you.

North

Jun 25, 2009
It is ridiculous. The blind loyalty to a GM that has done nothing but fumble and bumble his way through six seasons. Do you really want me to start? Prepare for a litany of Chevy's absolute inability to run a franchise....Tim Murray got fleeced in the Kane/Bogo for a King's ransom deal that took place but other than that, if you think that Chevy is some GM of the year candidate, you're out to lunch my friend.

Nobody thinks he's GM of the year...but he's not bad.

You notice you're alone in your assessment? Probably not.

Please provide your list. It will probably be as humorous as your level of anger towards Chevy.

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
What are you talking about? The guy has built a fantastic team full of potential. As a nuetral fan I think he's done a fantastic job. Rebuilds take time. Some teams should really look at what WPG, TOR, and ARZ has been doing and take notes. Those three teams are the best built teams for the future.

I'm talking about a GM that has nothing but sit idly by with a complete inability to strengthen his franchise. I'm the biggest proponent of anyone of drafting properly, and building a franchise from within with its own picks. So the completely irrelevant Tlusty deadline deal for a 3rd rounder (which Carolina just utilized to draft a stud in Filipe) fits the bill of building from within? Anyone who has any borderline intelligence knows that you need to supplement your roster of young up and coming talent with the odd contributing roster player and Chevy has failed in this respect for years. Tangradi, Wright, Festerling, Clitsome, Meech, Postma, Pardy, Festerling, Kulda, Ponikarovsky, Peluso, and the list goes on and on and on....Fills out the roster with waiver claims and fringe players that wouldn't make 29 other team's roster year after year. Finally hits on a legitimate waiver claim like Ellerby but no need to keep that guy around. A legitimate prospect like Redmond get developed and send him on his way. How about keeping both pending UFA's Antropov and Hainsey at the deadline in '14 when there were suitors for them because "this team has earned the right to finish the season together". Then they walk on July 1st as expected and the jets get zilch...Right on......Hey maybe Patrice Cormier will finally come into his own this year!

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if Kim Pegula has made it clear to GMTM she wants Kane gone. His track record of problems with women and all. Just a guess.

It goes well beyond personal feelings of how he interacts with females.

People are missing the larger picture here. Terry and K Pegula aren't just a sports franchise owner. They are building a brand, in a city that has finally turned the corner, was insulated from the 08 fiasco and is on the up tick.

These continued situations with Kane don't help the brand building, he's gotta go.

And if the allegations are true, public safety comes to mind.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
For two 1st rounders from the oilers? They take that and run. The kid has talent but we all know the back story. If you wanna gamble two lottery picks in hopes he straightens out be my guest. I doubt any other Oilers fans are gonna be on board with you.

My offer was 2 second rounders.

I said IF and only IF he grew up and concentrated on his game, he would be worth 2 1st rounders eventually.

Just in case you legitimately misunderstood.

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
Nobody thinks he's GM of the year...but he's not bad.

You notice you're alone in your assessment? Probably not.

Please provide your list. It will probably be as humorous as your level of anger towards Chevy.

I couldn't care less if I'm alone in my assessment. The "Chevy fan-boy" populace on these boards are legendary.....Hey why don't we move up four spots in the draft and waste our opportunity to draft a crafty speedy high octane forward in the vein of Debrincat, Max Jones, Sam Steel, Kiefer Bellows, etc. to draft a slow lumbering 6ft 7in Dman who notched 18 pts at the junior level last year. Wasted their high 2nd rounder in the process where they could easily draft any number of D. you and I both know the template now is smaller puck moving d like Letang who can quickly transition the puck and QB the PP.

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
What are you talking about? The guy has built a fantastic team full of potential. As a nuetral fan I think he's done a fantastic job. Rebuilds take time. Some teams should really look at what WPG, TOR, and ARZ has been doing and take notes. Those three teams are the best built teams for the future.

The jets do have a strong prospect pool. You're right I won't deny that. And these picks take time to develop. Which is the reason why you need to continually add the odd roster player from time to time to bring the younger guys along. We both know Okposo has his pick of the litter for suitors will go to a larger market like Detroit or St.Louis. So who else are the Jets targeting? The latest scuttlebutt is Josh Jooris of Calgary and Seidenberg of Boston. "hey right on, let me know how that work our for you?"

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
His teammates were PO'd that he missed practice after the NBA All-Star Game.

His teammates were PO'd when he missed practice during the first allegation. After that he apologized to his teammates and said stuff like that wouldn't happen again.

And now we have this round of stuff.

He may not be a cancer, but I doubt he's beloved in the room, especially by the guy wearing the C.

Missing practice is not the same thing as having personal problems with teammates, and certainly NOT the same as being a locker room cancer. I've been about the most negative Sabre fan since day one of this trade, but I can't (honestly) say that he's been a bad teammate in Buffalo yet. I still want him gone, because I think it's almost inevitable that he'll wear out his welcome in the view of the front office.

WpgBuffan

Jun 9, 2008
Actually, to be accurate, they traded Kane and went on an immediate run into the playoffs. The Jets followed that by dressing a bunch of kids at forward the next year and suffering a bit of a setback, as they expected. That then turned into luckily moving up 4 picks in the lottery and grabbing a potential superstar scorer. Hope that helps.

Since when is sinking in the regular season by 23 points as a bit of a setback? That was their worst year since they have come back. You would think that getting rid of the cancer out of their dressing room would make the team get a little better but nope they fell flat on their face.

It is time for Jet fans to realize that the guys that they got from Buffalo aren't very good and that includes everyone in the trade.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
We just did a test drive on Zak Kassian . TMac and Chia did a great job with him. So I am betting we might have the same luck with Kane.

Maybe, maybe not but imagine if he simply grew up :amazed:

He would be worth 2 1st rounders.

edit: In fact, why dont the Sabres work with him for 1 more year? 25 is the age where most of us start to slow up a bit, get a steady girlfriend and even marry. We no longer go to bars to get hammered and get into fights.

I'm pretty sure the Sabres will more than likely hold onto him. There's no way they dump him for scraps. Two 2nds would not get it done either. Buffalo's had tons of 2nd round picks in the last few drafts and they have multiple 2nds in the coming drafts. You can only have so many licks before it's too many.

The only way Kane gets traded now is if it brings back a comparable roster player (F or D), or if it's in a package for a better player.

Kane hasn't been much trouble here. The last police incident there was never a change made against him, or even a complaint made by a victim for that matter. It was standard hospital policy to report the incident to the police because he girl couldn't remember what happened. She never once accused Kane on anything and Tim Murry said the incident was over in about 3 days.
This time could be the same thing. Like Tim Murray said, he's going to wait and see if Kane has even done anything wrong.

Other than that, he's been pretty good. He's been active in the community doing charity events and treating,groups of little kids to shopping sprees. Buffalo has no real reason to want to dump him, especially considering what they gave up to get him. There's no way Tim Murray sells him for pennies on the dollar. It would put his job at risk MUCH more than keeping him would.

attaamillo

Oct 27, 2014
Pittsburgh has Kunitz, Fleury, Pouliot, Fehr and all of their 2017 draft picks. They also have a need at LW and have good leadership that may help Kane.

I think there is a deal to be made here. Pouliot probably being the most appealing piece to the Sabres. But any money in needs to be money out. Any Sabres fans work out a reasonable deal between those available assets?

Edit: Not to mention, Pittsburgh is doing pretty well with high maintence / reclamation types.

Last edited:

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I'd trade him for greening Lupul laich michalek robidas and Horton...then stick him in the echo for the remainder of his contract.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I'm pretty sure the Sabres will more than likely hold onto him. There's no way they dump him for scraps. Two 2nds would not get it done either. Buffalo's had tons of 2nd round picks in the last few drafts and they have multiple 2nds in the coming drafts. You can only have so many licks before it's too many.

The only way Kane gets traded now is if it brings back a comparable roster player (F or D), or if it's in a package for a better player.

Kane hasn't been much trouble here. The last police incident there was never a change made against him, or even a complaint made by a victim for that matter. It was standard hospital policy to report the incident to the police because he girl couldn't remember what happened. She never once accused Kane on anything and Tim Murry said the incident was over in about 3 days.
This time could be the same thing. Like Tim Murray said, he's going to wait and see if Kane has even done anything wrong.

Other than that, he's been pretty good. He's been active in the community doing charity events and treating,groups of little kids to shopping sprees. Buffalo has no real reason to want to dump him, especially considering what they gave up to get him. There's no way Tim Murray sells him for pennies on the dollar. It would put his job at risk MUCH more than keeping him would.

Pretty much this. Radio guys were talking about him bought out. LOL.

Is anybody in this country innocent until proven guilty anymore?

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
He had 20 goals in 64 games, prorated that's a 25 goal season. He's a flawed hockey player but still a damn good one, as a Sabres fan I haven't seen a Sabre put out maximum effort shift in shift out like Kane. He is hell to play against for dmen retrieving pucks and he will fight, he's a terrific middleweight fighter. He got better as the season went along as far as fitting in with linemates.

That said, he's a flawed personality and it looks like the Sabres ownership and management want him gone - but at a big discount? I doubt that.

Hansen and something else from Vancouver would work - maybe Kenins or Jordan Subban. NOT Sbisa.

Something with Edmonton involving Kane and Eberle - not sure we have the extra piece Edmonton would want.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Oh Hello there

YdTnl2h.jpg

Lol:help:

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Pretty much this. Radio guys were talking about him bought out. LOL.

Is anybody in this country innocent until proven guilty anymore?

You do realize that only applies in a court of law,right? Teams or any employer have the right to get rid a player or employee they deem to be counter productive due to behavioral issues that are necessarily a crime. He may or may not of committed a crime but he once again put himself in a bad situation and brought negative attention to himself and his employers brand.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I think VAN would be good for Kane. I think having his family around would help. I would like to see him in a Canucks uniform, and on the ice at RIC with the kids more than just the off season.

Was glad Geoff Courtnall came here too, back in the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad