Rumor: Laraque: "Sabres looking to trade Evander Kane"

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Until the incident is resolved with the police - be it an arrest, formal charges or it going away - there's no point in speculating trade theories about Kane. Murray won't make a decision until the situation is resolved and Kane's market value is debatable right now anyway. The Sabres are not going to waive or buy him out because of emotional outrage.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I dunno if you've ever had a job before or not, but sometimes at work there's that guy who thinks they don't have to play by the same rules as eveybody else. If he's allowed to get away with it, it tends to screw up the morale. I've fired a good number of people for being that guy.

That said, the center (I have no idea what situation or which center you're talking about) probably wants to win, and Kane is going to do exactly one thing with the puck which will lead to one of 3 outcomes: he's going to skate as fast as he can up the left boards, and wing it at the net as hard as he can. This will result least often in a goal; more often in a shot into the logo on the goalie's sweater; or most often (seems like 80% to me) in missing the net entirely, after which the puck rings around the boards and out, creating a turnover at the far end of the opposing blueline. Maybe the center in question is lookingnfor a higher percentage play than banging your head against the wall and waiting for the law of averages to score on your behalf.

This is such an old, worn out narrative from Jets fans whom (apparently) have not watched Kane in a year.

"Kane is going to do exactly one thing with the puck..." just stop. It's so inaccurate.

ClaudioM

Jun 30, 2016
If the asking price isnt too high, I would be able to see Evander Kane a great fit with the devils. They added Hall and would need more help upfront on that team

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Jesus...Evander Kane can't curb his partying in cities like Winnipeg and Buffalo...Do you think he'll be able to feel his face in Manhattan? The quality of women, restaurants, party venues... It's like going from the basement of party cities to the penthouse.

If Big Buff can't get this dude to be a part of a team, who will?

Worst case scenario he produces similar on ice stats as Nash and does it at a cheaper price. More importantly, Nash's M-NTC could force the Rangers to protect him in next year's expansion draft. This could potentially force them to expose a forward they'd rather not lose. Kane has no such clause, if he's an issue in NYC, expose him and he's gone.

As an ultra competitive alpha personality, he plays even harder, so what, so do lots of them in pro sports or other Alpha jobs. Is anyone trashing Tyler Seguin's partying habits anymore? How about Patrick Kane? In one season the Amazing 86 Mets blew more powder then any ski resort in Canada. Did anyone care how hard they partied? Nope. Why? Because they fricking won. Has Kane ever played on a winner? Nope. You think his focus was elsewhere, because he hated losing? I do.

NY has a winning atmosphere, let that focus his passion to the ice.
In NY he can disappear into a big city with lots of pro teams around. Anonymity takes the attention off of him.
In NY, there are other stars on the team that will take the media attention, the focus won't be on Kane, day in and day out.

He's not a good character guy for a young developing team like Buffalo, but a team like the Rangers can pull him in and put him in a role he's good at. Kane could be the Rangers Phil Kessel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad