Trade: [LAR/NYG] Alec Ogletree and a 7th for a 4th and 6th round pick

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm surprised to see the Giants giving up a decent pick and taking on that salary. Ogletree's overrated and he can't cover anyone.

Jul 10, 2010
Good trade for the Rams. Liked Tree but he was overpaid badly.
liked Tree as a OLB, as a MLB not so much. We had two MLBs that were undersized and its why the rush D was so bad.

Cleared 10m in Cap... hopefully that means Watkins is going to get some of that

Plus that 4th rounder is essentially a late 3rd.

Reactions: David Suzuki

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
rams extended him last october. paid him 8 million in signing bonus. i guess 8M and 7th for 6th and early 4th is a nice trade but they probably didn't plan to do that when they extended him.

rams are not exactly showing great vision for team building here.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
rams extended him last october. paid him 8 million in signing bonus. i guess 8M and 7th for 6th and early 4th is a nice trade but they probably didn't plan to do that when they extended him.

rams are not exactly showing great vision for team building here.

Wade probably said "Our inside linebackers are good at getting turfed in the run game and can't cover, get me new ones".

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Interesting trade. Ogletree was obviously expendable in Wade's 3-4. The Rams now have ten picks with half of them being sixth round picks. Don't be surprised to see more trades coming up for this team.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Interesting trade. Ogletree was obviously expendable in Wade's 3-4. The Rams now have ten picks with half of them being sixth round picks. Don't be surprised to see more trades coming up for this team.

He's expendable because he sucks. Barron is next.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I agree but what if the Browns take him at 1 knowing he won’t be there at 4? The Giants aren’t taking a QB so are they taking Nelson at 2 or Chubb?

I think you'd have to seriously think about trading down with someone that wants a QB but didn't think they'd be able to get one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad