Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
I am interested to see how he handles heavier, more aggressive teams and how the league adapts to Lane's tendencies. So far so good and that is exciting but his progression is going to be met with stiff opposition from opponents who have had a chance to watch him on video and feel him out in-game.

I'm interested in seeing this too. I have a memory from the 2020 playoffs of Hughes sitting on the bench looking almost in tears because one of the teams (St. Louis or Vegas maybe?) were forechecking him so hard. I am sure it was a tough adjustment for him. I'm excited to see how he handles this playoffs.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I’m just happy that with Hutson, and other prospects we have, they have that raw offensive talent.

NEVER AGAIN do I want to be subjected to an org that signs, drafts and develops PLUGS who are good at defense but can’t keep their head up and take muffin shots at the goalies chest.

100/100 times let us please draft the amazing offensive talent and try to reach them defense. Not the other way around.

Reactions: Rozz and Redux91

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
Vancouver fan here, watched pretty much every Quinn Hughes NHL game. Watched both games Hutson played in and Habs fans aren't wrong who compare him to Hughes. To come into your first two games and have the confidence, skill, and intelligence to do some of the things he was doing--sure it's early but he does look a whole lot like the guy who may win the Norris this year.

That last game looked like a lot of fun with the atmosphere even with the meaningless loss at the end. I hadn't intended to watch it but it was the most entertaining game of the night--perhaps with the exception of the Leafs giving up 200 shots in the second period when they folded in Florida. So much great young talent in Montreal--the future looks very bright.
They forget that Hughes himself had to grow his own game and become the player that he is today. I agree, you don't see it often. Hutson still has to put in the work if he wants to reach that level but he has the potential.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I see pavel datsyuk on d more than any other player

Lane does also look like an alien.

That dysmorphic rail-thin extra-terrestrial head-neck look is probably the most pathognomonic trait for a supremely skilled player. They're on the "always-draft" list. They're a very, very rare occurrence however. Probably a once in a decade or two occurence. Likely a rare recessive gene from northern Europe. You honestly don't even have to look at them play. You just look at them strut around in their goofy clothes with their goofy faces. Unfortunately, NHL teams are still put off by their weird physique and draft these surefire superstars mid-late round.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal

That dysmorphic rail-thin extra-terrestrial head-neck look is probably the most pathognomonic trait for a supremely skilled player. They're on the "always-draft" list. They're a very, very rare occurrence however. Probably a once in a decade or two occurence. Likely a rare recessive gene from northern Europe. You honestly don't even have to look at them play. You just look at them strut around in their goofy clothes with their goofy faces. Unfortunately, NHL teams are still put off by their weird physique and draft these surefire superstars mid-late round.
better get your callipers out, i hear the habs are looking to add a phrenologist to their scouting staff

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Petterson, Datsyuk, Hutson. The ratios don't lie. Big craniums, tiny jaws

Who needs the combine when you have calipers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad