Landon Ferraro

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Landon is 3rd in Scoring on the griffins this year so far (Behind Nyquist/Tatar)

44GP 16G 17A for 33Pts total (0.75 PPG)

This seems pretty good.
How is he developing? Any news? (Is it because he is centering Nyq/Tatar?)

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Hes been really good all year. Probably the best PKer in the AHL, leads the league in shorthanded points, he thwos around the body and can score. Hes not scared to defend a teammate either.

CloneHakanPlease*

Good to see guys like him and Sheehan having bounceback years. Didn't think he'd be producing that well offensively.

Anyone who gets to see him often got a word on his potential? Did he regain some of his speed he lost in the knee injury?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
who does he play with at ES?

He has moved up into the top six on the wing, because of his play. So he shuffles around with Pare, Andersson, Nyquist, Tatar, and Sheahan. My guess is Jurco will get another shot at the top 6 with Tatar up. But he did a lot of the early season damage on the third line coupled with the 1st PK unit and 2nd PP unit. Still he has been consistently dangerous all year.

He and Sheahan are a force on the PK together. They might be the best PK forwards right now in the organization after Helm, probably better down the line because they do a better job taking away lanes. We will see as they go up in talent, but they are exciting guys in that and bury chances of the rush with high hard wristers when they other team makes a mistake at the line.

On Sheahan's bounce back year... It is his rookie pro season, sure he didn't have a lot of offense at ND, but it is becoming more and more clear he was asked to be Defense first and wasted out high as the point man because he had the heaviest shot on the team. He translates better to pro hockey, that might sound strange, but him maintaining his assignments at all time and having guys that can actually get him the puck is a part of why his scoring is up. They know where he is going to be and they understand how to use him. I don't think he is bouncing back at all, he has been this guy and that is why you kept hearing that from the Wings. Sure they would like more goals but he has the tools and plays the game the right way. With the professionals around him they are using it better and it is showing in his game.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
He's scored all year no matter the linemates. He never strikes you as dependant of them to be effective, he does his thing no matter what. Which is being hard to play against, using his speed to get by defenders and scoring timely goals. He isn't a guy who scores his points in blowouts. Also big plus for his no quit attitude.

Look at the month by month breakdown, very consistent:
October, 7 games 5 points.
November, 11 games 8 points.
December, 12 games 9 points.
January, 12 games 11 points.

But I think his biggest value is in penalty killing. His speed, aggressiveness and skill come to use at its best there. I think he'll make himself useful in the NHL one way or the other.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He's a well-rounded player. I like him because he can skate and shoot, I think he has underrated offensive ability.

we like our team*

and people were calling him a bust just a year ago :laugh:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Hes been really good all year. Probably the best PKer in the AHL, leads the league in shorthanded points, he thwos around the body and can score. Hes not scared to defend a teammate either.

Newfy's been singing his praises. I like what I read, my only concern is whether the DRW keep him in the AHL to see if he can become the scoring line forward they thought they were drafting. If he's currently viewed as a bottom 6 skater with heavy PK duties I think he'd have a quicker path to the NHL. That was the case with both Helm and Abdelkader.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Newfy's been singing his praises. I like what I read, my only concern is whether the DRW keep him in the AHL to see if he can become the scoring line forward they thought they were drafting. If he's currently viewed as a bottom 6 skater with heavy PK duties I think he'd have a quicker path to the NHL. That was the case with both Helm and Abdelkader.

I dont see him becoming a scoring line fixture at all. Maybe more of a guy who can play up on the second line provide some speed and be able to finish his chances when someone gets hurt. I can see him becoming one of those really valuable bottom 6 types like a Helm.

I'm guessing Sheahan is ahead of him on the call up chart but I'm not so sure if he should be or not

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I dont see him becoming a scoring line fixture at all. Maybe more of a guy who can play up on the second line provide some speed and be able to finish his chances when someone gets hurt. I can see him becoming one of those really valuable bottom 6 types like a Helm.

I'm guessing Sheahan is ahead of him on the call up chart but I'm not so sure if he should be or not

I think Ferraro probably has better hands and offensive sense than Helm, but am not sure if he will become a bona fide top six forward.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Well that's a good sign, it suggests he'll make it to the NHL a bit sooner than if the DRW still viewed him as a top 6 forward. A line with Helm and Ferraro would be pretty awesome.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I think Ferraro will be a useful middle 6 type of player. Most of his play will be on the 3rd line, but can play on a 2nd line incase of injury or line juggling. Has the physical tools to be a useful guy in the NHL.

WingsMike

Registered Man
Jan 28, 2012
Is he on a 1- or 2-way contract? Any chance he starts with the Wings next year?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Is he on a 1- or 2-way contract? Any chance he starts with the Wings next year?

Let's face it. Chances he starts with the Wings next year are slim-to-none, barring a major bottom-six shakeup.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
i'd honestly be in favor of just cutting most of the deadweight loose and bringing in all of Jarnkrok,Ferraro,Sheahan to start the year next year(in addition to Tatar/Nyquist if they aren't already)

and giving Jarnkrok PP time and Ferraro/Sheahan PK time right off the bat as well

no way that ever happens though

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Let's face it. Chances he starts with the Wings next year are slim-to-none, barring a major bottom-six shakeup.

And I think Sheahan is more ready to contribute as soon as next year simply due to size, if they go that route. Andersson is most likely to be on the team of the three though.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Ferraro is at a "2nd line plan" this year, they maybe fit a 1st line role for him at next season. After that he could get the "graduation" and be NHL starter at season 2014-15.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad