Landon Ferraro

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
i'd honestly be in favor of just cutting most of the deadweight loose and bringing in all of Jarnkrok,Ferraro,Sheahan to start the year next year(in addition to Tatar/Nyquist if they aren't already)

and giving Jarnkrok PP time and Ferraro/Sheahan PK time right off the bat as well

no way that ever happens though

I think we'd have to cut some "deadweight" just to have spots for all of Tatar, Nyquist, and Jarnkrok. To make room for Sheahan and Ferraro on top of that would be a full out gutting.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I think we'd have to cut some "deadweight" just to have spots for all of Tatar, Nyquist, and Jarnkrok. To make room for Sheahan and Ferraro on top of that would be a full out gutting.

yeah you're right it's even more unrealistic than it sounded in my head

didn't really think about just how many people would have to be cut to make that happen :laugh:

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
yeah you're right it's even more unrealistic than it sounded in my head

didn't really think about just how many people would have to be cut to make that happen :laugh:

Yup, and deadweight is even harder to cut out when you've been handing out NTC's like they were going out of style to depth guys. :)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Ferraro will probably be up in two years with Sheahan, assuming Pasha returns to Russia.

Imo, Datsyuk's leaving or non-leaving to Russia doesn't affect much to Ferraro. It's mainly the spot for Järnkrok. Pavel's PK minutes could go to Landon, though.

Ferraro will jump in the league as a right winger, I'd project him to take the Samuelsson's spot after 2014.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think for next season the wings actually do infuse a solid amount of youth. Nyquist, Tatar and Jarnkrok are probably all on the roster. They might have to trade Andersson or Emmerton fi they can because ones going to be the fourth line center and I think its Andersson.

4 rookies like that in the line up, plus I'm guessing Sheahan and Ferraro both see a decent amount of call ups

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Imo, Datsyuk's leaving or non-leaving to Russia doesn't affect much to Ferraro. It's mainly the spot for Järnkrok. Pavel's PK minutes could go to Landon, though.

Ferraro will jump in the league as a right winger, I'd project him to take the Samuelsson's spot after 2014.

I think so too. Plus he'll be a go to guy next season, that is a good development step. Jarnkrok will probably be given a chance to crack the Wings but I'd like a little transition period for him centering the first line with the Griffins. Makes even more sense when you consider the amount of bodies.

13/14 Wings forwards to start the season:
Datsyuk(1yr), Zetterberg, Franzen, Samuelsson(1yr), Helm, Bertuzzi(1yr), Tootoo, Abdelkader, Eaves(1yr), Emmerton(1yr) (10). Filppula and Brunner if signed (12). Nyquist and Andersson (14). (Tatar, Jarnkrok).

If you look at it, it's clear what roster spots that will probably open up in the near future. Would love to see Pavel re-signed but right now I think it's 50/50. Nevertheless it's four depth contracts coming off the books too. Get rid of Eaves already this summer to make room for Tatar. Tatar has another ELC year but they simply have to look at the four seasons he's spent in the minors and not on his contract status. Jarnkrok is the first injury call up. Andersson is hopefully only signed to a one-year deal to see what he got. If he doesn't pan out it's no big loss, in 14/15 Sheahan is coming.

Having bodies leave and rookies arrive is pretty black and white though, it probably won't go down like that. I think some trades will have to be done to balance.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad