WJC: Landeskog out for the rest of the tournament

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/landslag/juniorhockey/article8359019.ab

- I feel that I need to be 100% if I am to play. If I'm not, there are others that can do a better job than me. But I never thought that it would go this far, that I'd have to exit the tournament, says Landeskog, who will stay in Buffalo with the Swedish team.
- I'm still a part of the Swedish team and will support them the entire tournament.

I was really looking forward to see him play, since he left Sweden without playing in the SEL. But the Norway game wasn't televised and that was the only one he played. :(

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Bad luck. Hope for his sake he doesn't have to sit out for too long.

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008
At the most maybe. 2 weeks is more likely IMO.

But Kitchener is really missing Rieder and Landeskog, need that strong 2 way presense on the boards back, so if hes out even a few games its a tough loss.

You know the results of his medicals or something?

My guess is the reporter has a better idea having spoken to people about to make an assessment such as 4-6 weeks....

As for High Ankel sprains in general, being a kitchener fan, you should remember Justin Azevedo missing serious time because of one. They are very finicky to deal with. Could be 2 weeks, but probably more then that if he wants to be 100%.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
kind of unhappy that sweden didnt assess his injury earlier and bring an extra forward instead. Playing a few men down will not be good in the next few games.

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009
Wikegård thinks it might be a "gaffelsprängning" - I don't have the slightest clue how to translate that but in essence, it could mean everything from 4 to 10 weeks.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Wikegård thinks it might be a "gaffelsprängning" - I don't have the slightest clue how to translate that but in essence, it could mean everything from 4 to 10 weeks.

according to google translate and a swedish page: when you land so hard on the feet to the two legs of the lower leg ( tibialis & fibularis units they apparently) goes off and put a fork over the foot.

so like a dislocation at the ankle?

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009
according to google translate and a swedish page: when you land so hard on the feet to the two legs of the lower leg ( tibialis & fibularis units they apparently) goes off and put a fork over the foot.

so like a dislocation at the ankle?

Did a little more research. Apperantly it's when the tibia and fibula separates (on i.e. impact) and the membrane in between the two bursts or a bone fragment comes loose.

Also, from what I gather, if it's the case, a surgery should be necessary.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
You know the results of his medicals or something?

My guess is the reporter has a better idea having spoken to people about to make an assessment such as 4-6 weeks....

As for High Ankel sprains in general, being a kitchener fan, you should remember Justin Azevedo missing serious time because of one. They are very finicky to deal with. Could be 2 weeks, but probably more then that if he wants to be 100%.

No I don't, but they're be a lot more urgency about it if it was serious enough to be over a month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad