GDT: LAME DAY THREAD: 27 Dec 2014 - Jets Home Game at Xcel Center - 6PM - FSN/HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The best roster they've ever had. The worst performances ever when you consider that lineup. It's gut wrenching. The first time since game #1 for this club, that I am really disappointed in them. Truly. If Leipold has a brain, he will NOT raise ticket prices next year with the way this is going.

Billy Mays Here*

Couple of idiots complain about their seats at the start of the game.

One of the guys is drinking all game long. Steals the soda of the woman sitting next to him when she wasn't there during the intermission. Then when OT started he throws up all over the seats in front of him, hitting a couple of people with the vomit. Disgusting POS and so glad the cops got a hold of him right after.

As for the game, thought it was a decent effort overall, but like every game before it, our goaltending lets in one or two that shouldn't have been, and once again it costs us points.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
My take on the game:

Officiating again :shakehead

We're not making the playoffs with the officiating we get in this league.

An exciting game that the Wild deserved to win, as IMO they were the superior team tonight. Parise's goal should have counted as he was pushed into the goaltender. This was the difference in the game and it cost the Wild a point (it also gifted Winnipeg a point). On top of this after the refs dropped the ball on that one they let a Winnipeg goal stand after Halischuck clipped Curry in a similar manner.

Koivu was thrown out of the face off circle so many times tonight it was unbelievable. I've never seen Parise that mad about it either. If you're an NHL official and you've got NHL talent like Parise and Koivu telling you that you're ****ing up the face offs maybe you should listen. I was really hoping Koivu would just let the Jets win a face off, lift his stick, and give the ref a good clip in the head, just to take him down a peg or two.

Other stuff:

Ladd had better watch his back Monday as Cooke is a guy you do not want to piss off. After watching what happened with Cooke he deserved everything he got behind the play.

The OT goal just sucks. You rarely see goals like that, but they do occasionally happen. I've always felt that if the puck gets flipped over the top of the net and somehow goes in it shouldn't count. It's like high sticking IMO. It does count however

Curry actually did not look bad. Hopefully Brodin and Granlund are ok as they were again targeted tonight.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Falk should never see the ice again. I know there were other problems for the team but Falk drives me crazy. Its a joke that Folin is scratched for that bum.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I didn't even know this goal was questionable while watching the game. I think there is a view from the FSN feed that might show the depth of the puck better.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I felt the game was a lot closer to the games we played early in the year than the games we have played the last month.

It had the patented multiple 0 shot odd-man rushes and fluke bounce to lose the game.

NHLPodium

Dec 5, 2012
My take on the game:

Officiating again :shakehead

We're not making the playoffs with the officiating we get in this league.

We're not making the playoffs because we don't show up when it matters. Blaming refs is a copout that only bad and mediocre teams use. You see elite teams blaming refs on losses? No, because they find ways to win.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The best roster they've ever had. The worst performances ever when you consider that lineup. It's gut wrenching. The first time since game #1 for this club, that I am really disappointed in them. Truly. If Leipold has a brain, he will NOT raise ticket prices next year with the way this is going.

Wow, if you disappoint HL1674, you know you're in trouble.

Hey, the good news is, this is the year to suck with McDavid and Eichel. And really, Minnesota could use a forward like Eichel.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Wow, if you disappoint HL1674, you know you're in trouble.

Hey, the good news is, this is the year to suck with McDavid and Eichel. And really, Minnesota could use a forward like Eichel.
MOD

This club is just mind baffling at this point. This kind of fail is Vikings' level fail considering this roster. Our goaltending and defense has taken a hit, but we should have big vets stepping up. And it's just not happening. This is a cluster#$@! in red/green sweaters. I don't know how Oilers' fans are able to do it. All the losing without any progress. God bless them. :laugh: We are wasting guys like Parise who are approaching their prime. This club was suppose to take the next step. They got past the first round last year and nearly went to a game 7 with the Hawks. And now what? We take 2 steps back? It's like the 2003/2004 season all over again after the nice run in 2003. :laugh: These past two months have made me want to #$@!ing cry, yet other times makes me want kick a freaking wall. It's just......

jackie-chan-wtf-face-i16_zps57f21a1a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
MOD

This club is just mind baffling at this point. This kind of fail is Vikings' level fail considering this roster. Our goaltending and defense has taken a hit, but we should have big vets stepping up. And it's just not happening. This is a cluster#$@! in red/green sweaters. I don't know how Oilers' fans are able to do it. All the losing without any progress. God bless them. :laugh: We are wasting guys like Parise who are approaching their prime. This club was suppose to take the next step. They got past the first round last year and nearly went to a game 7 with the Hawks. And now what? We take 2 steps back? It's like the 2003/2004 season all over again after the nice run in 2003. :laugh: These past two months have made me want to #$@!ing cry, yet other times makes me want kick a freaking wall. It's just......

jackie-chan-wtf-face-i16_zps57f21a1a.jpg

Now you know how I've felt watching this organization for the past 5 years LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Surprised there's not a story from Russo yet..?

He's probably wondering if he could get a job with Florida or he's hitting his head into the wall. I mean how many times can you say, "We're disappointed with the outcome of the game." before it loses all meaning.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Another game winnable, another loss for the Wild. Another game losable for the Jets, yet they again find their way into overtime and find a way to accumulate points.

Such is life right now for the Jets and Wild, who are going in opposite directions. Another game where the Wild’s hole deepens.

Lots of pressure now on GM Chuck Fletcher to make a trade for a defenseman now that the holiday roster freeze was lifted at 11 p.m. Saturday.

With Brodin hurt, the Wild’s D corps is Ryan Suter, Marco Scandella, Spurgeon, Falk, Stu Bickel, who played pretty well tonight, Nate Prosser and Christian Folin.

But the Wild’s already demanding too much from its top-4 (now 3) D and this team needs a defenseman badly.

This team also needs a goalie.

Do you give up something significant to acquire a goalie when there’s no assurances a goalie can even save this season? Or do you wait it out, continue to ride this instability out and make the “correct” long-term move for a goalie? Maybe it’s still Kuemper? Maybe it’s not. But it’s the elephant in the room that is again creating mayhem on the Wild.

But the Wild is not a playoff team unless it either gets a goalie or one of its two goalies takes the reins consistently and starts backstopping this team to wins.

Tough day for the Wild: A bad bounce, 2 goalies sick, 1 top scorer sick and 2 big injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad