GDT: LAME DAY THREAD: 27 Dec 2014 - Jets Home Game at Xcel Center - 6PM - FSN/HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
We're not making the playoffs because we don't show up when it matters. Blaming refs is a copout that only bad and mediocre teams use. You see elite teams blaming refs on losses? No, because they find ways to win.

I would say they've cost the Wild 8 or 9 points this season so far. They're bad for everyone, but some teams seem to get a lot more than their fair share of calls and non-calls.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't even know what to say.

At least we got one point?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I would say they've cost the Wild 8 or 9 points this season so far. They're bad for everyone, but some teams seem to get a lot more than their fair share of calls and non-calls.

Just FYI, you guys are the 24th most penalized team in the league, the team you played last night is the 2nd highest and has the highest number of minor penalties

You might want to rethink that position.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
The season is very rapidly slipping through our fingers. Might have to just focus on the Gophers from here on out.

I agree. I had my hand reaching the panic button about a week ago and now it's firmly pressing on that button. I never thought it'd be possible to miss the playoffs this season and here we are in severe danger of not making the playoffs. It's really depressing. I know there's a lot of puck left to play so while I'm panicking, amazingly, I still have some hope we can get it together. Those losses we have in a row are slightly deceiving because we did get a few loser points. However, if we don't turn this thing around and fast, it's not looking good to make the playoffs.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
No fortune whatsoever so far. Obviously you make your own luck by playing well and with confidence but how can you establish any confidence when things like last night happen to you? Russo's blog summed it up perfectly...there were so many bad things that happened to the team before and during the game that it was amazing they were even able to compete. I thought we would never see a goalie situation like last year with our 4 different ones but this is insane and even a worse situation because you don't even know hours before the game who is in net. I can't even imagine how difficult that is for a team to not know who's going to be back there until basically puck drop.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
I can't even imagine how frustrating it for our defensemen and goalies to try and get in sync with the constant shuffle of players. So many things not having to do with the on ice product hurting this team.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I still wanna know why no Folin. Bickell there, totally understood considering the fat goon known as "Big Buff" who can't seem to actually play the game like a professional. That wasn't even a hit on Granlund, it was picking him up and throwing him, let alone the fact he wasn't even in possession of the damn puck.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
Folin not playing bothers me too. No reason that Bickell couldn't have played as a wing on the fourth line for Fontaine and just paired Folin with Falk. It's pretty evident that Folin's shot alone causes havoc for opposing goaltenders and any skater who attempts to block a shot.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I'm already over the panic stage. I've already accepted it's over.

(hey, maybe I'll be surprised in the end instead of disappointed then, but I'm a MN sports fan, what do you expect)

I'm so sick of everyone blaming the refs for everything. You seriously believe the refs have cost us 8 or 9 points? :shakehead Look, there's a lot of calls that go against us, but every fanbase thinks the refs are always against them. Questionable calls go both ways, whether you see it that way or not.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I'm so sick of everyone blaming the refs for everything. You seriously believe the refs have cost us 8 or 9 points? :shakehead Look, there's a lot of calls that go against us, but every fanbase thinks the refs are always against them. Questionable calls go both ways, whether you see it that way or not.

Not siding at all with the "refs are out to get us" brigade, but it is always a little interesting when this happens against Canadian teams though. Not going with any conspiracy other than it is just dumb luck, but go back and watch some of the Canadian games and see how its called in comparison with Dallas or even Nashville. And I'm not even talking penalties. Watch the goals they cite are "good goals" by these teams and what they will not review or come back "no goal" for us. I know of at least 2 examples (which IIRC, both win us games) where we did the exact same thing Colorado did to us in the playoffs....both are disallowed, no review because of goalie interference where it wasn't even there. And neither of these are last nights game.

But, at this junction I think our PK is better than our PP. So we got that going for us anyways.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Probably not.

But in all honesty report was that Kuemper practiced today and looked ok. My thought is he will probably start tomorrow but who knows? We won't be sure until warmups.

Backstrom is not going on the road.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Can anybody tell me why Parise's goal wasn't counted? Was at a bar and missed the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad