GDT: Lame Day Thread: 12/17/14 - Minnesota vs Boston - 7 CT, 3 EET - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
This team needs to fire off a couple of winning streaks pretty quick here. Team has way too much talented for this to continue. Thought we'd be fighting for a top 4 seed..

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Scandella couldn't cover ****ing Erikson :shakehead

A more undeserved win you'll never see. Outshot probably 3 to 1 and we lose in OT. We needed to get our hands dirty and shake that young goalie up and we didn't do it.

Also, Milburry is ripping Vanek a new one right now, as he should.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Yep ... Thought we saw the turn around point with vanek .... he was so bad tonight. Ugh. Heatley 2.0?

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Damnit, I never thought I'd find myself agreeing with Mike Millbury on anything...

He's spot on, though. No fire from the vets that aren't producing. Parise hustles his butt off, and gets results. Suter's effort is never in question, he gets results.

Vanek? Pommers? I just don't see it.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
This team needs to fire off a couple of winning streaks pretty quick here. Team has way too much talented for this to continue. Thought we'd be fighting for a top 4 seed..

Me too ... I have $25 that we would be a top 4 team with my brother in law .... Seems so far away now.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Damnit, I never thought I'd find myself agreeing with Mike Millbury on anything...

He's spot on, though. No fire from the vets that aren't producing. Parise hustles his butt off, and gets results. Suter's effort is never in question, he gets results.

I don't know, I thought pommers had a good game. He had a couple legitimate blasts tonight ... Goalie was just better

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Really down on this team right now. Don't think I'll be excited again unless we win 5+ in a row..

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND

If I was Liepold I might want to have private discussions with both of these players.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
No urgency from some vets. Considering that Yeo ripped into them less than a week ago, it makes you wonder if he's losing the room a bit.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild looked like a tired team out the in OT. Spurgeon was probably too weak to play as much as he did, Scandella made the game losing mistake ( maybe a bit harsh), and Suter played over 31 minutes on the second night of a back to back. Meanwhile, our 5& 6 D averaged 7 minutes because they aren't trusted by the coach. In contrast, the Bruins 5 & 6 D averaged about 14 minutes. Give me Blum, Dumba, and Folin anyday.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
It seems like there is only one question to be answered right now: If the Wild entered the Minnesota State High School Hockey Tournament, would they even win that??????

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
We played a great game. They even acknowledged that in the post game. Jones said he has more optimism for us than he does for Boston. Ran into a very good goaltending performance and 3-4 posts.

Next five games rest of the year are all winnable. This is where we will see the backbone of hte team show.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
I don't know, I thought pommers had a good game. He had a couple legitimate blasts tonight ... Goalie was just better

A good game? I'll be totally honest, I just don't see him out there. He does almost nothing to draw the eye.

I don't see him doing what made him successful last year. He's not getting himself in good position to receive passes, he's not winning board battles, etc.

There's plenty to blame for what's going on with this team, I just think that Pommers has largely escaped criticism, and I don't quite understand why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig