GDT: Lame Day Thread - 10/28/2014 - Minnesota @ Boston - 6 PM CT, 1 AM FIN - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick Willy*

Still not over the meltdown yesterday. And don't forget Chara was not in the lineup tonight. It was important that we won tonight.

J22*

He's just over 20. What the **** is 'hasn't been good for a while now?'

We must watch different players. I saw an future elite defenseman last year and still seeing glimpses this year.

Without digging too deep

Trouba's first 39 games last year = 7 goals 21 points +10
Trouba's last 35 games = 4 goals 9 points -7

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Still not over the meltdown yesterday. And don't forget Chara was not in the lineup tonight. It was important that we won tonight.

And we were missing Brodin and Haula. Obviously not as important as Chara, but big parts of our team

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Its amazing how far this team has come. A year ago i don't think we would have had any chance at a comeback. The depth on this team without Brodin and Haula is awesome. Really happy for Brodzy. He played a really strong game. Zucker has come a long way too.

Scandella is going to get a serious payday if he keeps this up. Really hope we can sign him early.

Dumba keeps making baby steps. Love to see that. My dream pairing is him and Suter together.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
That would be an awful pairing.

Not saying now but one day when he is ready for more minutes. He can jump up in the play and Suter is the ultimate stay at home defenseman. Don't see the negatives with this.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not saying now but one day when he is ready for more minutes. He can jump up in the play and Suter is the ultimate stay at home defenseman. Don't see the negatives with this.

Suter is the exact opposite of the ultimate stay at home defenseman. He is an offensive defenseman through and through. Brodin is the defensive defenseman that allows Suter to play his offensive game. Dumba is not now, nor will he ever be that.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Suter is the exact opposite of the ultimate stay at home defenseman. He is an offensive defenseman through and through. Brodin is the defensive defenseman that allows Suter to play his offensive game. Dumba is not now, nor will he ever be that.

To me Dumba is the biggest spark plug/risk on the blue line. It makes sense to put that kind of player with your most steady defensemen. You draft a guy like him 7th overall, you don't keep him as a 3rd pairing guy.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City

I disagree,Suter is a great all around dman.He is good defensively and a good passer and exceptionally smart on the ice.His offensive game may be the one thing that prevents him from winning a Norris.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland

I completely disagree with you assessment of Suter, I think his biggest (and only) flaw is his lacking offensive game.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
Really happy for Brodzy. He played a really strong game.

Scandella is going to get a serious payday if he keeps this up. Really hope we can sign him early.

That's my thoughts, too. This team IS better with Brodziak and GMCF should have Scandy's deal made asap. He is very important part of our defense and the price will go up with every game he plays.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Man, what a way for the team to respond after last nights **** show.

If we can just get the powerplay to start functioning, and if we can start deterring some of the cheapshots we endure on a nightly basis, we're gonna be a really dangerous team.

Did Avder go to bed lol

Felt like crap earlier so I took some tylenol and a powernap during first intermission. Woke up as the 2nd started, still felt like crap, watched us get scored on and said "**** it, I'll watch it later" and hit record on the DVR and passed out for a few hours. Now I wish I'd stayed up.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
Man, what a way for the team to respond after last nights **** show.

If we can just get the powerplay to start functioning, and if we can start deterring some of the cheapshots we endure on a nightly basis, we're gonna be a really dangerous team.

Felt like crap earlier so I took some tylenol and a powernap during first intermission. Woke up as the 2nd started, still felt like crap, watched us get scored on and said "**** it, I'll watch it later" and hit record on the DVR and passed out for a few hours. Now I wish I'd stayed up.

I too dozed off during the 2nd period intentionally because I had to aim for 6hrs of sleep minimum. I did wake up at end of the 2nd to see 1-3. Turned of the stream and PC thiking I could catch the rest by second glance at work.. But first thing I would hear would be my workmate gladly pronouncing when he saw me "The Wild won!!" because he had a bet on them.

I still find it awesome that they were able to make the comeback, found it kinda cool that Parise had shrugged the previous loss off in an interview and said it absolutely will have zero effect on this game and went on to say that we will do the same kind of comeback to some other team later down the year as Rags did to us. It didn't take too long Zach, thanks.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn

No Suter and Brodin both play a defensive shut down game. Their ultimate goal is to not allow a goal while Dumba is much more inclined to try and get a goal. Not sure what games you've ever seen Suter leading a rush or jumping into plays all the time. He has great lead out passes but that's just to get it out of his zone and sometimes they lead to goals. Right now I'd love to see Scandella on a line with Suter. Great shot and can pick his rushes well.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013

Huh? Suter is the ultimate stay at home defensemen. His defensive game is the equivalent of that amazing second pair anchor that teams long for; the difference being he is also decent offensively, has a great first pass, and does it for 27+ minutes a night.

That's the reason he is a top 5 defenseman.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
One thing I really liked from Yeo is he did a decent job sheltering Dumba and Falk for a road game.

They both took a sizeable amount of shifts with Suter and Scandella. Great game plan on that end imo.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Chara would have helped Boston in front of the net, but let's not pretend that he's not in his decline. Wild's speed would have given him trouble.

Jarick

Doing Nothing

I put game on DVR to eat dinner with the family. Turned it on and caught up right around the time Boston scored. Watched the disaster that was the second period, then turned the TV over to the kid to watch his show before bed. Watched entire third period on DVR.

So clearly, at least last night, it was my fault for the second period :laugh:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
The Wild forecheck is impressive. They put on a clinic last night, and seeing it at eye-level finally did it justice.

It reminded me almost exactly of the Bruin forecheck of 2011.

Good win for your squad.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I completely disagree with you assessment of Suter, I think his biggest (and only) flaw is his lacking offensive game.

I agree with your disagreement, though I disagree that his offensive game is challenged. His best asset offensively is his ability to break the puck out of the Wild zone and pass it to team mates in an advantageous position against the opposing team. The opposite of "hot potato" passing.

This, to me, is offense. Under rated, but coaches and players( especially forwards) LOVE to play with Dmen like this. It might not show up in the point stats, but his ability to clear our zone is super important, and affects our offense in a big way. It is so much easier as a forward to make something of a pass ( by Suter) as you are skating at speed though the neutral zone than being shoveled a knee high pass ( by Stoner/Prosser) while your butt is nailed against the boards by the hash marks in your own end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad