GDT: Lame Day Thread - 10/28/2014 - Minnesota @ Boston - 6 PM CT, 1 AM FIN - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
For the Central, but a bit deeper when taking into account the western conference. LA, Nashville, Anaheim, and Vancouver are ahead of us. 5th? And we are incredibly similar to Dallas and Chicago if we go by points percentage. A small bounce and that puts us 7th. Fringe.

I never predicted mediocrity. I'm just saying this is about the most mediocre we can do (win wise, we're playing excellent other than the obvious). I don't expect it to continue if the Wild also continue to play like they have. If they changed up their powerplay strategy we could be looking at 7-1 right now. That is another end of the spectrum. Which is where we could be, if we had an at least serviceable Koivu and a Carolina powerplay. That isn't asking for much. Just that and we could be...elite. I see no reason why we can't be a top 3 team in the West by the end of this year. That is a prediction. Nothing I said before was, this is.

where I took exception to you was your support of Jarick as a realist. okay, we're fringe "if" a couple bounces go the wrong way. but then again those teams who would then jump ahead of us would be even fringier if one went against them. or if a bounce goes against Nashville where are we? A couple of those teams you cited as being ahead of us we actually (statistically speaking) outplayed. I know what the outcome was, and i know the PP could have been the difference. But I think we already are a top 3 team in the west from what i've seen of everyone else's play. not every game, not even close, but from what i've watched and the recaps we're playing that well already. obviously there will be swings as teams get healthy or injured or starts get "cold" or whatever but SO FAR there is nothing that warrants thinking we'll end up barely making the playoffs. hell a friggin bounce our way and we'd beat the ducks and kings even without the PP.
Rangers we just crapped it.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
where I took exception to you was your support of Jarick as a realist. okay, we're fringe "if" a couple bounces go the wrong way. but then again those teams who would then jump ahead of us would be even fringier if one went against them. or if a bounce goes against Nashville where are we? A couple of those teams you cited as being ahead of us we actually (statistically speaking) outplayed. I know what the outcome was, and i know the PP could have been the difference. But I think we already are a top 3 team in the west from what i've seen of everyone else's play. not every game, not even close, but from what i've watched and the recaps we're playing that well already. obviously there will be swings as teams get healthy or injured or starts get "cold" or whatever but SO FAR there is nothing that warrants thinking we'll end up barely making the playoffs. hell a friggin bounce our way and we'd beat the ducks and kings even without the PP.
Rangers we just crapped it.

So, if Jarick is a pessimist instead of a realist the Wild do well the rest of the year? Okie dokie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad