Trade: [LAL/WSH] Russell Westbrook, 2024 and 2028 2nd for Kyle Kuzma, KCP, Montrezl Harrell, and 22nd OA

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Crazy how it's gonna be 10 years since Lebron beat Durant, WB and Harden for his first, when he and WB face Durant and Harden in the 22 finals

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
I don't get it from Lakers POV. Sure they moved away from guys that weren't working out, but getting a ball dominant player who can generate offense only when handling the ball, and just flat out sucks shooting from distance and defensively is mind boggling. IMHO he'll only look decent when LBJ is sitting, and that will help with his load through regular season, but Westbrook doesn't move the needle when it actually matters.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I don't get it from Lakers POV. Sure they moved away from guys that weren't working out, but getting a ball dominant player who can generate offense only when handling the ball, and just flat out sucks shooting from distance and defensively is mind boggling. IMHO he'll only look decent when LBJ is sitting, and that will help with his load through regular season, but Westbrook doesn't move the needle when it actually matters.
i think that's the main reason why they made the trade. it lets bron play off the ball more and it gives them someone who can carry the offense whenever he sits

way too early to be making any predictions about this team. have to see how the rest of the roster fills out

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
i think that's the main reason why they made the trade. it lets bron play off the ball more and it gives them someone who can carry the offense whenever he sits

way too early to be making any predictions about this team. have to see how the rest of the roster fills out

Lebron isn't gonna give up being on the ball though.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
at this point in his career, i can see him being willing to play off more. especially with westbrook and his passing ability on board

I suppose it could happen, I'm just in the believe it when I see it camp. I mean, granted it was an older Rondo, he didn't give it up to Rondo who certainly is known as a great passer (not on Westbrook's level).

Come crunch time, I just see him reverting to dribbling the air out of the ball

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
at this point in his career, i can see him being willing to play off more. especially with westbrook and his passing ability on board

Considering how much power Lebron has, I fully expect the Lakers to have consulted with him before making the move. He probably already said he would be fine playing more off the ball.

I also fully expect Westbrook to adjust his game to fit with Lebron and AD. Lebron has a lot of influence and I am pretty sure he can make it work with Westbrook.

Westbrook has his warts, but he is a super hard worker.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Considering how much power Lebron has, I fully expect the Lakers to have consulted with him before making the move. He probably already said he would be fine playing more off the ball.

I also fully expect Westbrook to adjust his game to fit with Lebron and AD. Lebron has a lot of influence and I am pretty sure he can make it work with Westbrook.

Westbrook has his warts, but he is a super hard worker.
yeah absolutely. I think it's safe to say westbrook's "never give up" style is something the Lakers FO prioritized after the way they basically gave up in the playoffs

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
This is the season that Westbrook completely rewrites his legacy and cements himself as an all-time great. Can't wait until he shuts up all the haters.

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Just have to see if both the Lakers and Nets hold up injury wise. If they do, that is your 2022 NBA Finals.
Which will be bad for basketball and everything that the game should stand for.

Wasn't it nice to see a humble player (Giannis) win for once without feeling the need to form a superteam or ditch the team that gave him his first chance so he could chance a title elsewhere?

Giannis and how he operates is the 180-degree complete opposite of jerkoffs like Durant, Harden, and Irving.

Giannis' 1 championship has more credibility than any of Lebron's 4 championships, considering the way he won it and who he won it with.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I mean, they didn't give up much. They've been trying to move Kuz forever, the 1st round pick isn't going to be much help this year and Harrell is whatever. KCP leaving stings for them but Westbrook is obviously a huge addition.
But Westbrook is not the guy they need. Square peg, round whole.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Giannis' 1 championship has more credibility than any of Lebron's 4 championships, considering the way he won it and who he won it with.
Lebron's ship in Cleveland is special. He beat one of the greatest teams of all time.
Kyrie and Love are great players, but they were not MVP/All NBA level at that time.

I am not a lebron fan and agree with everything else you said, but that one ship i do respect the hell out of

Reactions: grentthealien

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Which will be bad for basketball and everything that the game should stand for.

Wasn't it nice to see a humble player (Giannis) win for once without feeling the need to form a superteam or ditch the team that gave him his first chance so he could chance a title elsewhere?

Giannis and how he operates is the 180-degree complete opposite of jerkoffs like Durant, Harden, and Irving.

there is no right or wrong way to win a championship

let's not act like giannis was playing with scrubs either. there's a reason why the bucks shipped out a haul of picks to land holiday. and middleton is one of the league's best shooters

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
It's really not like it's gonna be that hard for them to get a couple of spot up shooters and call it a day. I would guarantee at least one of Ellington, Bullock and Galloway end up there. I don't see how Reddick goes anywhere else, this is a dream situation for a shooter, looks for days

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Word is that there are multiple veteran free agents lining up and willing to take massive pay cuts to sign with the Lakers now that they've traded for Westbrook, they'll bolster up that lineup in no time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad