Confirmed Trade: [LAK/WPG] Pierre-Luc Dubois (signs 8 years, $8.5M AAV) for Gabe Vilardi, Alex Iafallo, Rasmus Kupari, 2024 2nd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Those 4 helped carry the Habs to the cup final. Something PLD will never experience due to his selfish and toxic character.

Habs indeed dodged a bullet. Dodged a grenade!

I hate to admit it but the Jets absolutely fleeced LA.

the All Canadian Division where the Habs finished 18th overall, that magical run?

Yeah good times

fact remains, i was referring to the current contracts that are anchoring the Habs as one of the highest caps in the league despite having absolutely nothing to show for

LA is a victim of fleecing, whereas the Habs can gladly fleece themselves

again, good stuff my man!

Reactions: Voight and smitty10

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
the All Canadian Division where the Habs finished 18th overall, that magical run?

Yeah good times

fact remains, i was referring to the current contracts that are anchoring the Habs as one of the highest caps in the league despite having absolutely nothing to show for

What does that have to do with Dubois being a disappointment so far? Are you going to get offended by every poster who isn’t positive about all things Kings…

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Well, PLD isn't likely to hit 90 points, but his winger Kevin Fiala might. So far he has fit in quite well. The biggest asset being that he can just bulldoze and will his way past defenders and make something happen on net at any moment. That is something the Kings haven't had in a long time, maybe since Jason Allison. I think he is going to fit in well for quite a while and he only just turned 25.

As for Vilardi, I will say that the injury he received was kind of a fluke BS injury that would have happened to anyone in his position. Overall, the Kings were hoping he'd turn into a producer like PLD but with more skill as he has silky mitts but doesn't use his similar size the same way. He has all the tools to do it and knows how to use them. He is mostly beyond the chronic things he had in the past, but he does have and warrant a little bit the injury-prone moniker. In the end though, he should have a successful and productive career as when he is on the ice there is no mistake that he belongs as a top 6 forward. Hoping he stays healthy enough to realize and become the player he is meant to be.
I agree. Dubois is more than his points. His bulldozing makes a lot of room in dangerous areas for players like Connor and Fiala.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014

Yeah good times

Lol it's ironic that you talk shit against the 2020-2021 season Habs, since your team actually missed the playoffs while be pitted against juggernauts like San Jose, Anaheim, Arizona, Minny and St-Louis

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
What does that have to do with Dubois being a disappointment so far? Are you going to get offended by every poster who isn’t positive about all things Kings…

What does habs dodging bullets like Neo have anything to do with Dubois being a subpar player? Wait, you guys really believed that he was going to be a hab this season??? Ok... well if you're new to hockey, welcome to year 40 of NHL players not signing in Montreal

And how do you determine emotional statuses of posters? I'm offended??? Can you tell me which app gives you such accurate data? I'm interested!

Lol it's ironic that you talk shit against the 2020-2021 season Habs, since your team actually missed the playoffs while be pitted against juggernauts like San Jose, Anaheim, Arizona, Minny and St-Louis

Oh indeed finishing 18th is > than 25th, bravo! :clap:

Did your school teach you that or are you just a natural that way?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
truth, because with Price, Anderson, Gallagher, and Dvorak, there's only a certain amount of bullets a man can take
True and how we still manage to dodge PLD was God sent.

What does habs dodging bullets like Neo have anything to do with Dubois being a subpar player? Wait, you guys really believed that he was going to be a hab this season??? Ok... well if you're new to hockey, welcome to year 40 of NHL players not signing in Montreal

And how do you determine emotional statuses of posters? I'm offended??? Can you tell me which app gives you such accurate data? I'm interested!

One team still manage to make it to the finals. The other did Jack Shit.
Sorry that hurts your sensitive little feelings.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
PLD is on his way to another 50-60 pt season..........he is what he is............
How do both teams feel about the trade early on?? Thinking the Jets are a little happier, but it's early.

Reactions: kenobiwan

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

What? By all means, defend Dubois if you want, but if the Habs had given in to Winnipeg's price, he would have been a Hab. He would have signed. After the trade, he said 'Everybody knows at this point that I was interested in Montreal' and then about how the Kings 'wanted him more' and that he was glad to be a King too.

You think him and his agent would have gone through this whole song and dance if he didn't want to play for the Canadiens?

Reactions: weslox

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
PLD is on his way to another 50-60 pt season..........he is what he is............
How do both teams feel about the trade early on?? Thinking the Jets are a little happier, but it's early.
Jets fans are very happy so far. The fluky Vilardi injury sucks but Iafallo and Kupari have been better than advertised. Iafallo has played up and down the lineup chipping in offensively while Kupari’s speed and tenaciousness has been a welcome addition to our bottom 6. Still got that 2nd round pick in the bank too ;)

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Most habs fans did not want Dubois....

Lol most fans did not want Dubois you say? :laugh::laugh:

jennifer-lawrence-thumbs-up.gif

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Only 30% wanted him for anything other than free. Majority were free or no interest. Even those who voted trade had much lower prices in mind.

• Haha
Reactions: BLONG7 and MardyBum

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

LOL...............Habs fans live in more places than Quebec you realize! LOL
Yes, most habs fans wanted nothing to do with Dubois.

Only 30% wanted him for anything other than free. Majority were free or no interest. Even those who voted trade had much lower prices in mind.
The reality............thx

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
All i can say is thank God the Habs dodge that bullet.

Yeah, to think you would have sacrificed 2 games of Dach’s incredible 2023-24 season for securing your centre position for years to come lol.

Habs board barely wanted Dubois.

As evidenced by your mega Dubois thread where the mass majority wanted to get Dubois. LOL!

Maybe wait a few years before you try to rewrite history.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
LOL habs fans are too much
Why? Hometown guys fail here and we are rebuilding? Is it so crazy that half the fanbase did not want him? Seems logical to me.

Obviously part of the fanbase love competing for 8th every year spinning the wheels and being mediocre like we have been for years and they would have loved PLD but alot of us did not want him at all unless at a ridiculously low price , as its been discussed for months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad