Proposal: LAK/WPG - Myers+ for Muzzin

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Solid prospect and a pick. LA won’t want any serious contracts or aging players beyond the deadline. The Hagelin deal was a shakeup that will ultimately tranform into deadline future assets, so don’t let that deal make you think LA will fix their issues via hockey trades.
According to several sources Kings are retooling not rebuilding so it's going to be interesting.

Reactions: go4hockey

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
I'd move Myers for picks and prospects and use those pieces in a deal for Muzzin, but I wouldn't be adding the Jets 1st, or a significant prospect to the deal. Myers isn't a cap dump, and has value as a RHD.

Can see if LA is open to moving Muzzin that they could also deal him for the picks and prospects themselves.
We need quality roster players and or prospects/picks.Kings are retooling not rebuilding.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
According to several sources Kings are retooling not rebuilding so it's going to be interesting.

it's the right route to go but really the only route considering Kopitar and Doughty should still have plenty in the tank. Plus Kovalchuk looks really good so far.

If LA picks top 3 maybe they get a guy who can contribute next year. Next year could have Vilardi, Kupari and this year's pick in lineup up front next year. Completely could shift dynamic of team. Plus if they deal players for prospects about to break in and this should be well underway.

Zal

Jan 12, 2009

I guess it depends on the definition the Kings’ front office is using for either term. Retooling could mean they’d focus on retaining their top-3, then filling in the gaps. I mean that as a focus- clearly LA will have some remaining players, but those 3 would remain for the “tooling”.

I’ve thought about this quite a bit. My instincts tell me Blake’s roll beyond the Lombardi era was to the resign the team surrounding a new coach and system with their current team. Obviously, that isn’t working out, so in comes plan B. Re-design the team with key players, yet implement a system during the season. I’m leaving out a bunch of steps following their current status, but i believe the plan B will wind up being fairly radical in nature once it’s comes to fruition. I feel the next season will have a new coaching staff, as well as a new GM. I don’t feel Blake is in the long-term plans. He seems like a “bridge” GM for this era. I also think LA will shed more salary at the deadline and next draft than people could imagine. Blake has been creative in his short tenure, but I don’t see him apt st tooling/design. That’ll come with a more experienced GM.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
As a Jets fan this makes zero sense for LA.

The premise is they trade Muzzin for a guy they can flip + expendable assets that every team has. The flip brings back a 1st + C prospect. If they wanted that package I'm sure they could just trade Muzzin for 20 other teams for a 1st (or equivalent prospect) + 2 C level pieces. All this does is make the Jets better without really giving the Kings anything that helps them going forward.

That said I'd obviously do it as a Jets fan....
No way Muzzin gets a 1st from 20 different teams he will get a 1st in the 20s and a prospect. No team in the 12-18 range will give a first unless they think Muzzin will help the enough to make it to the second round. A team is not going to move their first if there is a chance they won’t make the playoffs.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
No way Muzzin gets a 1st from 20 different teams he will get a 1st in the 20s and a prospect. No team in the 12-18 range will give a first unless they think Muzzin will help the enough to make it to the second round. A team is not going to move their first if there is a chance they won’t make the playoffs.

So you're saying he could get a first, just not from 20 different teams? I'm ok with that. Only need two or three teams to have a bidding war.

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
Muzzin is a great target.

Term is perfect for the guys coming up in the system.

LA is going to have to restructure the system they have been using they need to get faster that's why Stanley won't work.

Niku I would think needs to be included while Sambergs skating isent quite there yet.

LA will probually be looking for speed more than size at this point in regards to propects or young players.

Roslovic -Niku -3rd-Comrie

Muzzin

I think this would be a very competitive offer.

Roslovic- has done nothing to up his value But little to lower it so a late 1rst right now.

Niku - has gotten his value into the early 2nd round area in my opinion and they have Samberg coming maybe Stanley so it won't be disastrous.

3rd -perhaps get an NHL player or LA can attach it for a better pick in a separate deal.

Comrie- LAs Goaltending Depth is not strong and are dealing with injuries.

Muzzin has another year remaining at a great number giving Winnipeg 2 Chances to truly go for it.

Good Target Op.

Niku is probually pushing it in retrospect but there will be a bidding war and Winnipeg needs a real top 4 LHD to support Morrissey or they don't advance far.

Last edited:

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas

LA is going to have to restructure the system they have been using they need to get faster that's why Stanley won't work.

Niku I would think needs to be included while Sambergs skating isent quite there yet.

LA will probually be looking for speed more than size at this point in regards to propects or young players.

Muzzin

Roslovic- has done nothing to up his value But little to lower it so a late 1rst right now.

Niku - has gotten his value into the early 2nd round area in my opinion and they have Samberg coming maybe Stanley so it won't be disastrous.

3rd -perhaps get an NHL player or LA can attach it for a better pick in a separate deal.

Muzzin has another year remaining at a great number giving Winnipeg 2 Chances to truly go for it.

Good Target Op.
No thanks. The Jets aren't giving up that much.

Reactions: Catch22

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
What could be changed how far off is the value?

I want to see the Jets go all the way this year but it's not going to be cheap to plug the 2 holes.
I'm not sure what 2 holes you're talking about. The Jets will be fine. I doubt either Niku or Roslovic would be available, so you would have to think of other prospects that you might like. Mudding is good, but not good enough to pull down 2 grade A prospects/players.

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
I'm not sure what 2 holes you're talking about. The Jets will be fine. I doubt either Niku or Roslovic would be available, so you would have to think of other prospects that you might like. Mudding is good, but not good enough to pull down 2 grade A prospects/players.

Playmaking 2C and two way Top 4 LHD .

Those things are not cheap to aquire and more expensive with any kind of term.

LA is transitioning ... Should be Fire and Brimstone they have a couple of recents cup wins a retool will only produce mediocrity and won't satisfy the fanbase.

Full Scale Rebuild is the best option.

I don't understand the love for Roslovic there is absolutely nothing that stands out or is unique for the amount of people putting him in a bubble .

Niku could be special there are parts of his game that could explode.

I don't see it with Roslovic he tops out as a middle of the road 2C and thats if everything falls into place.

I see him ending up like a slightly more defensive Bozak . Those type of players aren't untouchable.

Eventually the management needs to stop playing it safe and go for it.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA

Muzzin

Good Target Op.

Niku is probually pushing it in retrospect but there will be a bidding war and Winnipeg needs a real top 4 LHD to support Morrissey or they don't advance far.

This coming from an LA fan...Winnipeg wouldn't make that deal. LA would probably be looking for a 1st and a prospect if moving Muzzin or a 1 for 1 for an upgrade on the Top6 forward group.

P.s. LA doesn't need LHD or goalie prospects. We have a great amount of depth in net and 95% of our Dman prospects are LHD

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

Muzzin

Good Target Op.

Probably not a bad offer, but I don't really know the jets prospect pool. I don't think LAs goaltending depth is an issue. We have enough depth there. Our goalie coaches can make a silk purse out of a sows ear anyway, so there isn't a lot of need for comrie. I'd rather ditch comrie and turn the 3rd into a 2nd.

Reactions: Catch22

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018

Playmaking 2C and two way Top 4 LHD .

Those things are not cheap to aquire and more expensive with any kind of term.

LA is transitioning ... Should be Fire and Brimstone they have a couple of recents cup wins and retool will only produce mediocrity and won't satisfy any current players or the fanbase.

Full Scale Rebuild is the best option.

I don't understand the love for Roslovic there is absolutely nothing that stands out or is unique for the amount of people putting him in a bubble .

Niku could be special there are parts of his game that could explode.

I don't see it with Roslovic he tops out as a middle of the road 2C and thats if everything falls into place.

I see him ending up like a slightly more defensive Bozak . Those type of players aren't untouchable.

Eventually the management needs to stop playing it safe and go for it.
This coming from an LA fan...Winnipeg wouldn't make that deal. LA would probably be looking for a 1st and a prospect if moving Muzzin or a 1 for 1 for an upgrade on the Top6 forward group.

P.s. LA doesn't need LHD or goalie prospects. We have a great amount of depth in net and 95% of our Dman prospects are LHD

No worries was under the impression you had goalie injuries .

Didn't realize Muzzins value was so low

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Okay, forget Myers.

Jets offer 2019 1st, 2020 3rd and a F prospect (Lemieux or Petan or Appleton).

Then Jets trade Myers for a 1st and 3rd.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Okay, forget Myers.

Jets offer 2019 1st, 2020 3rd and a F prospect (Lemieux or Petan or Appleton).

Then Jets trade Myers for a 1st and 3rd.

I doubt a potentially reloading LA is going to want to wait for draft picks in 2019 and 2020, kopitar will be 45 by the time they make the NHL. Ideally if we are moving someone like muzzin for picks/ prospects, it should be for someone that can contribute next year. I suppose the prospects listed do / will, but they are more filler than the main piece.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad