Proposal: LAK/TOR

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
There isnt much incentive for LA to do this but why exactly does Toronto want any of those players from LA?

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
To TOR
Martinez
Thompson
Brodzinski

Total Cap Hit: $6,300,000

To LAK
Zaitsev
Brown (50% Retained)
Bracco
2019 3rd (Turns into 2019 2nd if Leafs make it past the 2nd Round)

Total Cap Hit: $6,392,500

Jeremy Bracco is a young, talented player that would be able to fit into the LA Kings immediately, he currently has 18 Points in 24 Games on an admittedly lack luster Toronto Marlies. Connor Brown was a 20 Goal Scorer in his Rookie year, but unfortunately has been delegated to 3rd/4th Line duties on the Leafs do to depth. He is very fast, a nifty play maker and has a decent shot, but also has been one of Toronto's most trusted PKers since he was signed to the team. If given a 2nd line role on a team like the Kings he will produce around 40pts in a season (20G/20A). In his first 2 years he had 36 Points in 2016/2017 (20G/16A) where he was playing a larger role on a struggling leafs team as a rookie. In 2017/2018 he had 28 points (14G, 14A) in 82 games as well. He was only getting 3rd line minutes that year and was used by Babcock in a more defensive role (PK not PP). This year he currently has 9 points (3G/6A) in 30 games but has not seen any significant power play time and has been bouncing around the 3rd and 4th line.

Brodzinski and Thompson were taken for cap reasons, both on expiring deals, where as Connor Brown has 2 more years (Now at 50% retained) and Zaitsev has 6 more years. Zaitsev is the kind of player that could benefit from a change of scenery. He doesn't seem to mesh well with our system but he has shown flashes of great defensive play and was touted as an Offensive Defenceman when he was originally signed. Maybe with a change of scenery he can find his footing again.

Let me know what you think. Bracco could be switched for a more NHL ready prospect possibly (Tymashov?) or a D Prospect (Borgmann?)

So Toronto gets those good players, and all we have to do is give up some mediocre and crap ones?

Sign me up!!

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
So Toronto gets those good players, and all we have to do is give up some mediocre and crap ones?

Sign me up!!
Good players? Martinez is the only good player there. Brodzinski is on IR and I don’t think he has ever gotten over 15 points in a season and Thompson is a 4C at best.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Brown (even with retention), Zaitsev and Bracco each have almost zero value.

So it's a conditional 2nd/3rd + almost nothing for Martinez + almost nothing. Not a good move for the Kings.
What do you mean they have zero value? For the kings, Brown and Bracco have value, People seem to forget Brown was a 20 goal scorer in his ROOKIE YEAR. He has almost hit the same point totals in the last 2 years on the 3rd/4th line with no PP time. I’m completely done with people saying that Zaitsev and Brown are negative assets because they’re not. Zaitsevs contract might be high but he’s a useful player, the Leafs would have wanted to keep him but they can’t due to cap restrictions, that’s it. This whole place has such a bias against leafs. I agree that there are a lot of Leafs fan who have terrible takes and it makes a lot of us look bad but c’mon these players are NOT negative value, and a team that’s 2nd last in the league, any player that gets 20+ points is not a negative asset

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I’m completely done with people saying that Zaitsev and Brown are negative assets because they’re not. Zaitsevs contract might be high but he’s a useful player, the Leafs would have wanted to keep him but they can’t due to cap restrictions, that’s it. This whole place has such a bias against leafs. I agree that there are a lot of Leafs fan who have terrible takes and it makes a lot of us look bad but c’mon these players are NOT negative value, and a team that’s 2nd last in the league, any player that gets 20+ points is not a negative asset

Gee, when the entire rest of the planet is saying something you don't agree with.......maybe the entire rest of the planet is not to blame?

(and I have no "bias against the Leafs", as I am a Leaf fan)

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
actually, historically speaking, Leafs fans most definitely have a huge bias against their own dmen.

I've seen that. :)

But offering up a VERY mediocre/bad package like this for Martinez +, is pretty silly. A hell of a lot of Leaf fans post garbage trade proposals like this, and it gets tiresome to read.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Blake hangs up and tell Dubas never to call back. C level prospects, id say if u wanted Martinez, it starts with Lijegren+. U have to give quality to get quality. When will leaf fans get no teams will take there scraps
No, Martinez does not start with liljegren+. If you honestly think that, you need help. Kings are in sell mode because they're a garbage team this year and will need a rebuild to compete. If the kings don't want to sell Martinez for a couple of other assets for Blake to work with; keep him. Also, by your valuation if martinez=liljegren+ then zaitsev=vilardi+. See how ridiculous that looks on the other side?

Reactions: Big Sugar

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Yes you can Zaitsev is 4.5 willy is 6.9 that equals..... 11.4. Just bring up grundstrom or bracco. hainsey is 3 mil more and bring up liljgren there you go. Its do able.
Nobody is taking Zaitsev, and we still need to sign M+M.

Reactions: Troy

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
TOR needs a Dman, but I don't think there's a fit here for cap reasons,

Martinez for Brown and Johnsson would be something to look at for both teams, but again, cap reasons, having to sign Marner and Matthews this year, Kapanen next year etc...cap reasons

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
No, Martinez does not start with liljegren+. If you honestly think that, you need help. Kings are in sell mode because they're a garbage team this year and will need a rebuild to compete. If the kings don't want to sell Martinez for a couple of other assets for Blake to work with; keep him. Also, by your valuation if martinez=liljegren+ then zaitsev=vilardi+. See how ridiculous that looks on the other side?
So basically u think Blake should sell for scraps that was offered. Ur joking Zaizsev has absolutely no value. Its leaf media overvaluing as usual. Im being neutral on this. Typical leaf fans want good players for scraps. There is absolutely no value in this deal. U have to give quality to get quality. So ur basically saying they shud do it because its Toronto

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
Rel CF% is also an extremely flawed stat unless you are prepared to tell me that Travis Dermott is better than Erik Karlsson and Thomas Chabot, and that Marc-Eduoard Vlasic and Brett Pesce are horrible.

So a stat is flawed just because it doesn't perfectly describe every aspect of the game? By that argument goals are a flawed stat, unless you're prepared to tell me that Maxime Lajoie is better than Roman Josi, John Carlson, and Victor Hedman.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
If Toronto wants to do something else for an even better defenseman on the Kings roster, we are listening. Probably involves Liljagren, Dermott, and Nylander to get the conversation started though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad