Confirmed Trade: [LAK/TOR] Jake Muzzin for 2019 1st round pick, Sean Durzi, and Carl Grundstrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
this is a steal for the Leafs. the prospect lovers will come in and say "oh iunno" but the fact is Muzzin is a stud, and studs in the NHL > someone who might be okay.

And thats not to insult the Kings / Kings fan base. They got another 1st and who they draft there is on them, but as a fan, im very happy about this.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Basically a late 1st and two 2nd Rd picks......expensive but good upgrade.

Who is playing their offside?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mork

nzoilerfan

May 18, 2011
Good trade for both sides. Leafs get a #2 LD and kings get a mid-late first rounder and some interesting prospects, not home runs, but good additions to their cupboard.

Reactions: Mork

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Muzzin is only signed through 19-20. ~1.25 years of term was only going to return so much.

Good trade for both sides.
Yeah. Muzzin also turns 30 in a month and seems like his best years are behind him. Still a good player and will help Toronto in the short term.

Reactions: Mikenusca

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don't know enough about the Leafs prospects to have a strong opinion either way, if I'm honest.

The Leafs are at a point where they have to go all-in. The contract situation will be untenable soon.

I don't think this is enough to conquer Tampa and I hope it isn't (kind of a Leaf hater).

Carl Grundstrom is a stud. Reported earlier in the year that Leafs management sees him as a top 6 guy sooner rather than later.

Durzi has his fans, and his detractors. Having a solid year

This is a win-win TBH. Leafs get a cheap top 4 (top 2?) guy with term and LA kick starts the rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad