May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Glad he’s gone ... descent value comsidering he wanted out

hope he gets his head on straight for LA

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Who can forget his best moment as a Rag?
BlushingRichHoneybee-size_restricted.gif

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Its not that deep. He felt misused and undervalued in the Rangers organization, didnt get along great with Quinn, and wasnt willing to go down to Hartford and prove them wrong, and that Quinn was incorrect in his undying loyalty to Howden at LA's expense.

That was a bitch move on his part. Callahan had a horrible start to his 2nd season with the Rangers and was sent down to the AHL for 10 or so games and scored 1.5 PPG before getting called back up again and never looked back.
I'm sorry, I meant the real story as in the "someone who actually was a part of it" version.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Good riddance - what a 0-100 comparing Lias to Pettersson. Hope the guy gets it together though

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
LA has infinity picks, this is low risk medium reward. If you threw his name into this year's draft pool you'd have to imagine he would go at least slightly higher than 60, no?

Edit: Don't answer if you're an NYR fan, lol.

Even if you have infinity picks, there's an opportunity cost to trading for Andersson instead of several other players/prospects.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I mean, hey why not take a chance? Andersson has about the same chance at making the Kings as the 60th pick does so...sure.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
It's a good thing players want to sign with us. When we trading Kravtsov?

Lias was never coming back. So it's a good trade regardless how this works out for NYR. It was a bad selection at 7th and now we can move past it. Hope he does well in LA, or at least gets a shot.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Even if you have infinity picks, there's an opportunity cost to trading for Andersson instead of several other players/prospects.

They pick again several picks later and have infinity other assets to trade if they need to move up.

If they're high enough on him to trade 60, they're not sweating the opportunity cost to move as much as the people dumping on him are.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
He's got the talent. The problem is his skating and he's an entitled, spoiled brat. His dad works for the Kings, nepotism at its best right here.

It's too bad. If he was willing to work hard he could've become a gritty 2-way C (2nd liner).

I think he'll top out as a #3 C IF he gets his shit together.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The Kings organizational depth chart at forward is looking very crowded with young guys. Value was fine but not sure I love this move if I’m Andersson from the standpoint of having a clear path to the NHL. Obviously he’s going to have to step up his game regardless but the competition for spots for guys to establish themselves is going to be pretty fierce in LA the next couple of years even as the older players phase out.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
He could still be a player for the Kings. However, he had maturity issues, felt mistreated, went home and then threw the Rangers organization under the bus in front of the Swedish media. There was no way the Rangers were going to let him be around their other prospects after that. Hope it works out for him and as deep as the Rangers organization is now, a 60th is a nice return and allows them to swing for the fences though Columbus has pretty much stolen everyone's thunder on that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad