Confirmed Trade: [LAK/NYR] Lias Andersson for 60th overall

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Did Andersson's stock fall that much? Isn't he still a blue chip prospect?

Idk what your definition of a blue chip prospect is but I consider Kaprizov, Lafreniere, Zegras, Newhook, Byram to be blue chip prospects, so no, hes not. And never really was.

But he still clearly had value around the league as one of the best buy low prospect targets.

He just had no value to the Rangers as that bridge was completely nuked.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Some day we might hear the real story of what happened here. I never thought he was coming back here anyway.

Its not that deep. He felt misused and undervalued in the Rangers organization, didnt get along great with Quinn, and wasnt willing to go down to Hartford and prove them wrong, and that Quinn was incorrect in his undying loyalty to Howden at LA's expense.

That was a bitch move on his part. Callahan had a horrible start to his 2nd season with the Rangers and was sent down to the AHL for 10 or so games and scored 1.5 PPG before getting called back up again and never looked back.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Idk what your definition of a blue chip prospect is but I consider Kaprizov, Lafreniere, Zegras, Newhook, Byram to be blue chip prospects, so no, hes not. And never really was.

But he still clearly had value around the league as one of the best buy low prospect targets.

iu

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018

theres certainly more blue chip prospects than that and he was definitely one when he was drafted

i personally didnt like the pick for the Rangers at the time, but I consider all 1st and 2nd round picks as blue chip, with the discrepancy being top-15 1st round picks being high-end

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

For me I'd consider any forward prospect who had top 6 upside a blue chipper. I would have thought if Andersson still was projected to be that, he'd be worth more than he got. But I guess there's lingering character issues or something?

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I dunno, I like it. Our organization really doesn’t need any more second rounder-level prospects. I’d rather gamble on boom or bust since we weren’t able to package second round picks to move up. Plus I feel like we could help this kid screw his head back on properly.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
If there is one thing LA needs is centers. All they have is Kopitar, Byfield, Vilardi, Kupari, Turcotte, Madden and now Andersson :nod:

I probably forgot a few.

Reactions: Kendo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad