Confirmed Trade: [LAK/NSH] Viktor Arvidsson for 2021 2nd Rounder & 2022 3rd Rounder

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Man I wonder if this makes the Kings go all in on Jack Eichel

Highly doubt it. Management has identified complimentary top 6/9 players with 2-3 years left on their deals as their target in order to help transition the kids to the pros. Their big asset-cost target in the next ~18 months is a top 3 LHD according to our insiders.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
According to John Hoven Kings can leave 2 forwards unprotected for expansion draft if they will trade for forwards.
He was saying those two are Grundstrom and Brown.

Yes, I would include Grundstrom in the deal then. The proposal for Thomas, JAD and a 2nd is a no go.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
It’s funny how the kings have been ultra aggressive this off-season. Looks like they’re risking it all in an attempt to almost be a playoff team.

I mean we've been in the rumors like a ton of other teams, but we haven't made a single move yet. I'm unsure how that gets labeled "ultra-aggressive." :laugh:

We need contributing vets to help insulate our rebuild, just like we traded for players like Stoll and Greene and signed Scuderi and Mitchell a few years before 2012.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Thomas and LA's 2nd for Arvidsson sounds about right to me.

I think he's fairly comparable to Jason Zucker, who went for Addison and a 1st.

MIN had more leverage with it being a pre-trade deadline deal though, whereas NSH is staring down the expansion draft. I guess that's reflected in your point given that Addison and a 1st is a more valuable package though.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
He's one of my favorite players and just the kind of top-6 winger that LA needs, IMO. I don't expect him to get back to 30 goals, but 20 while forechecking and going into the corners to dig out pucks so that Kopitar or Byfield doesn't have to will be an asset.

Last edited:

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
How many Swedes do the Kings have now? If we didn't move our 1st pick this is a big move for the team.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Toronto is trading Marner for Arvidsson and a 2nd in that scenario lol that is easily one of the worst trade proposals ever created.
Someone on the ducks forums suggested the ducks trade

Kesler contart for point the other day to help with Tampa cap situation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad