Confirmed Trade: [LAK/NSH] Viktor Arvidsson for 2021 2nd Rounder & 2022 3rd Rounder

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
When did trading open back up again?
It never closed... Teams can still trade after the deadline but players that are traded are ineligible to play on an NHL roster until the change of the next calendar season hence why no moves are usually not made until near the end of the playoffs every year.

Reactions: uncleben

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I was messing with the Kings lineup for next season I can see Fagemo, Tkachyov and maybe Turcotte starting the season in LA while Byfield, Kaliyev, Thomas, Kupari and others start with the Reign and slowly get worked into the LA lineup as injuries happen.

Arvidsson looks to be the best RW in LA as Dustin should start getting pushed down the lineup as a mentor to the young kids.

Line 1 LW Fagemo C Kopitar RW Arvidsson
Line 2 LW Iafallo C Vilardi RW Tkachyov
Line 3 LW Turcotte C Anderson-Dolan RW Brown
Line 4 LW Kempe C Lizotte RW Grundstrom

1st Pair LD Anderson RD Doughty
2nd Pair LD Bjornfot RD Roy
3rd Pair LD Maatta RD Walker

Goalies:
Starter: Peterson
Backup: Quick

Scratches:
LW Lemieux
RW Wagner
LD MacDermid

LW Athanasiou ~ RFA* Should not qualify
RW Luff ~ RFA* Should not qualify
Seattle expansion pick: LW-RW Moore

Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked. There's a LOT that can happen between now and then. I'm personally high on Fagemo and I think him and Kupari--due to age if nothing else--are about to crack through. But there are SO many possible moving parts for the Kings, I mean a guy like Kaliyev is basically a whole different player/animal after AHL time, and another summer with Gary Roberts for Byfield, etc.

This wont be the lineup and Moore will be protected

Agree on Moore but most others outside won't know that, can't blame anyone else not following the Kings closely when we did it with disgust ourselves :laugh:

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
It never closed... Teams can still trade after the deadline but players that are traded are ineligible to play on an NHL roster until the change of the next calendar season hence why no moves are usually not made until near the end of the playoffs every year.
You sure? I'm pretty sure you can't trade during the first few rounds of the playoffs...

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
You sure? I'm pretty sure you can't trade during the first few rounds of the playoffs...

AFAIK, the only time of the year that teams are prohibited from trading is at Christmas. It's a misconception that teams can't trade after the Spring "trade deadline." There's just no point because those players would be ineligible for the playoffs. As for during the playoffs, I think that we rarely see trades then because teams that are still playing wouldn't be good partners (because they wouldn't trade roster players and wouldn't want to add any distraction, anyways) and fewer teams in the bidding means less of a return. It's sort of not fair to some GMs, so there may be a bit of a gentleman's agreement aspect to it, as well. This is especially more likely in the first two rounds, when a lot of teams are playing, and that could be why it can feel like trades are prohibited then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
There is no actual trade freeze after the trade deadline. This is a common misconception. The only true trade freeze is the christmas one and this season I believe after July 17th until after the expansion draft there is going to be a trade freeze in effect.

Teams are free to make trades after the deadline. However players acquired after the deadline are NOT eligible to play for their new team that season, or in that year's playoffs.

Given that the new player can't play most teams don't make trades in this period. In the playoffs (After both teams are eliminated) we've seen some minor deals before.

That said, while not officially forbidden there is an understanding between the NHL and the teams not to make big trades during the playoffs. Dont make ones that will overshadow the news of the games on the ice.
Once the Stanley cup is over and the celebrations done, teams start making trades in the lead up to the expansion draft and entry draft.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Where the hell was Fitzgerald on this one.
Devils need a winger that can finish and this didn’t cost too much.
I guess we are going to keep drafting and building for another decade

Reactions: archiemandl

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Acquiring Eichel isn't going all in. He's 24 years old. He's younger than Kempe, Lemieux, Roy, Walker, Moore, and Petersen, and only a year or two older than Grundstrom, Wagner, Clague, and Lizotte. In fact, Eichel isn't even three full years older than Vilardi, Anderson and Anderson-Dolan.

If Eichel is healthy and we can keep Byfield, sign me the f*** up.

None of those guys are part of our future core.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Line 1 LW Fagemo C Kopitar RW Arvidsson
Line 2 LW Iafallo C Vilardi RW Tkachyov
Line 3 LW Turcotte C Anderson-Dolan RW Brown
Line 4 LW Kempe C Lizotte RW Grundstrom

1st Pair LD Anderson RD Doughty
2nd Pair LD Bjornfot RD Roy
3rd Pair LD Maatta RD Walker

Goalies:
Starter: Peterson
Backup: Quick

Scratches:
LW Lemieux
RW Wagner
LD MacDermid

LW Athanasiou ~ RFA* Should not qualify
RW Luff ~ RFA* Should not qualify
Seattle expansion pick: LW-RW Moore

As others pointed out, Moore will be protected. And Lias Andersson will be back up with the club this upcoming year on LW rather than C. He had a great year in the AHL.

Kupari will probably drawn in more than Fagemo. Kupari is above in the pecking order with his accomplishments and overall play down in Ontario and Fagemo needs another year with the Reign to ripen on the vine. Fagemo will probably get a call up down the road if there is any injury along with Byfield and Kaliyev.

And yes, there are 3 Anderson's...

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Where the hell was Fitzgerald on this one.
Devils need a winger that can finish and this didn’t cost too much.
I guess we are going to keep drafting and building for another decade

It depends on the Devils expansion protection list for forwards but I see your point. They can fit RV for sure. Great mentor for Holtz too. That's why I said it was a sneaky pick up at this point in the "off season"

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
You bled for Nashville...Now bleed with me!
SfnADCG.jpg
4893EC85-7004-4B7E-878E-4BB9C85A201E.gif

Reactions: kingsholygrail

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
How can we say he's washed when guys in his draft year, e.g. Brayden Point and Pastrnak are still in their prime and among best of the best in the league. Guy could easily bounce back.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
How can we say he's washed when guys in his draft year, e.g. Brayden Point and Pastrnak are still in their prime and among best of the best in the league. Guy could easily bounce back.

Arvidsson hasn't rebounded well from being injured a few years ago and is starting to look more injury prone lately with his style of play. That's not to say that he can't rebound on a new team, but it might be telling that a team in as bad of a need for offense as Nashville is decided to trade him and were looking to expose him in the expansion draft.

Also, both of those guys are on a different level than Arvidsson, Pastrnak had 48 in 48, Point had 48 in 56 and Arvidsson had 25 in 50. And Arvidsson was a double over ager in his draft, he's still young at 28, but Pastrnak and Point are both 25.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad