GDT: Lak@nsh 2/7/2013

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
Ladies and gentlemen, first home game win, shutout and against the defending champs no less, it may not have been a beauty but we won!

:bb:

Listen to that crowd!

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
This team is strange... you'd have to think that this kind of play is unsustainable. Then again, Trotz knows voodoo so who knows.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Man, this team is turning it on now offensively. Defense has been ok too. Pekka is starting to play like the Pekka of last year. What a fun game that was to watch.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
4 wins in a row, over LA, SJ, STL, and LA again-

And we allowed a total of 3 goals in those 4 games- amazing

We have now allowed TEN even strength goals in 10 games- that is unbelievably impressive, especially considering the teams we have faced.

(But just watch, some on here are going to moan and complain that we got doubled in shots.)

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Man, this team is turning it on now offensively. Defense has been ok too. Pekka is starting to play like the Pekka of last year. What a fun game that was to watch.

im honestly not being negative but we had 14 shots on goal. thats turning nothing on

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Love the win but still disgusted with SOG. Wilson and Rinne remain the best players on the team. Even though he got his first point Weber remains to be the Unknown Soldier.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011

We have now allowed TEN even strength goals in 10 games- that is unbelievably impressive, especially considering the teams we have faced.

(But just watch, some on here are going to moan and complain that we got doubled in shots.)

your just as bad as the negative naysayers. remember its always somewhere in the middle.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This team is strange... you'd have to think that this kind of play is unsustainable. Then again, Trotz knows voodoo so who knows.

Pekka Rinne is in a class most players dream of being in, and the defense is extremely talented and well coached. Keeping teams off the board will be very sustainable.

So if this team scores, they're gonna win alot of hockey games.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Another ugly win. For all of the focus on getting more pucks on net, we're simply not doing it. 14 SOG ... 9 missed or blocked. 23 total shot attempts. 8 of those 14 shots from three players.

The PK looked better tonight. Faceoffs improved later in the game after a slow start at the dot. Peks saved the team again. There were few good ES shifts in the 2nd period ... luckily Wilson capitalized on the first solid break into the zone we had.

Getting points in the standings is always a good thing, but, we really need to get things straight soon. We can't continue to hope that we score 3 goals on fewer than 20 shots a night. We can't bet that our defense will allow no more than one goal per night, especially giving up 30+ shots against.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
your just as bad as the negative naysayers. remember its always somewhere in the middle.

Sorry but no way- the negative Nancy's are complaining AFTER we beating St. Louis and LA by a combined 9-1. I don't give a rats you know what if we got out-shot 100-9- that is impressive.

The post by me that you quoted- can you, or anyone else, dispute that everything I wrote is 100% correct- all I am saying is what we have accomplished so far this year is damn impressive- regardless of how many SOG's we have.

I swear some on here would be more satisfied if we had lost 3-2 but outshot LA 45-15.

As I have posted several times on here before, if we can't get a shot on goal when we really need it- say, a tie game or if we are behind (such as the first game in St Louis) I will be right here complaining right along with you. But no one should be complaining right now.......

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
its human nature to sit back when you have a 3-0 lead, for goodness sake

Ive never seen a bunch of people who have so much trouble enjoying a 3-0 shutout of the defending Cup champions.. or a 4 game win streak for that matter.

just face it... we are a team built to be opportunistic not overpowering and to ride our demigod goaltender...

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
One more note about the shots on goal- yes, they out-shot us 32-14.

But when LA needed it the most, we held them to 4 shots in the 3rd period. That is the way to hold a lead.

And while the shots were lopsided, the scoring chances were only 14-10.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
its human nature to sit back when you have a 3-0 lead, for goodness sake

Ive never seen a bunch of people who have so much trouble enjoying a 3-0 shutout of the defending Cup champions.. or a 4 game win streak for that matter.

just face it... we are a team built to be opportunistic not overpowering and to ride our demigod goaltender...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

I was beginning to think I was the only one- this has to be the most negative message board I have ever seen.

We had a 5-0 lead in the 2nd on Tuesday and a 3-0 lead in the 2nd today- shots on goal are not the main objective at that point.....

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

When I have to agree with NoNeck's, obvious doesn't begin to describe the topic at hand.

Wins are great ... but they are not always the result of playing solid hockey. We had one line performing in the 1st period and did nothing in the 2nd until the rush Wilson scored on. Our offense is not "on" ... it's lucky right now. Luck is not sustainable. Needing to count upon our defense to give up no more than one goal is playing on a razor's edge ... and that is exactly what we're doing of late. We're repeatedly getting stuck in our own end with no clue how to clear the zone ... just look at the shift immediately following Wilson's first goal where Blum and Ellis got stuck out there for 2:33 for an extreme example. The PK is looking better right now ... our faceoffs are hit or miss from one game to the next, hell, one period to the next ... Peks is looking like the Peks of old ... our few scoring chances are featuring more of a net presence ... all positives. The thing is that those positives don't negate the glaring issues we've faced all season. Sorry if reality tempers my happiness over the wins because anyone who has ever paid attention to this sport knows that continuing to win on luck alone is highly unlikely.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
One more not about the shots on goal- yes, they outshot us 32-14.

But when LA needed it the most, we held them to 4 shots in the 3rd period. That is the way to hold a lead.

And while the shots were lopsided, the scoring chances were only 14-10.

no your posts are 100% accurate. im just saying there were lots of bad, too. im sold on our defense and pekka. im more on the offenses case.

still cant believe we have 13 points in 10 after our start. wow, just awesome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad