Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] Kovalchuk agrees to terms with Kings (3 years, $6.25M AAV) official on July 1st

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
The contract is a little bit of a gamble because of his age. But Kovelchuk is the second best goal scorer behind Ovechkin since the lockout. I don't think he will have issue putting up 25 to 30 goals and 50 to 70 points. Most likely he will play the Ovechkin spot on the pp. You have 10 to 14 goals right there already.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
More than there are 46 year old superstar forwards?

I didn't know you were being serious, might be one of the most foolish points I've seen.

Fair enough. To each their own.

If you think watching a past-his-prime 35 year old Kovy will be “fun,” then more power to you.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Kings needed a player like this in the worst way. Their offense has been brutal to watch for a couple of years now. They have forwards with little to no creativity/skill at all.

I still think they should go after another high profile Forward. Their offense still seems "Meh" to me even after adding Kovalchuk

Reactions: Kingspiracy

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010

If you think watching a past-his-prime 35 year old Kovy will be “fun,” then more power to you.
Didn't you guys do the same with the Sedin twins until this year?The twins were productive and let Kovi play first before trying to judge his play.

Last edited:

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
How about we wait and see before you become a sour puss .

Mate,

I’m not being a sour puss, lol. The dude is 35!

Can he still be a good player? Yeah.....there’s a decent chance. Is he going to be the Ilya Kovalchuk that was here last time? I doubt it.

My props to both you and Kovy if I am wrong.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Mate,

Can he still be a good player? Yeah.....there’s a decent chance. Is he going to be the Ilya Kovalchuk that was here last time? I doubt it.

Ilya Kovalchuk which was there the last time would not play for the 6.25.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Ilya will put up #s. He will be a great guy to have. LA fans should be happy. Don’t listen to the haters. Yes we all know he’s not the same guy, but he still has probably the best wrister top cheese in the world and equally as good as Ovie/Stamkos at one timers from the point. He’ll be great in the PP.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Mate,

He didn't sign a 10M/year deal here and expectations should be in line. Expectations should be about what Marleau did with the Leafs and I don't see Kovalchuk having any problem living up to that deal.

I've watched Alfredsson play until he was in his 40s and he was extremely good even at that point.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

You were just shown a bunch of players that had elite years in their mid 30s lmao. Just bow out of the thread. Or keep embarrassing yourself I guess

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
You were just shown a bunch of players that had elite years in their mid 30s lmao. Just bow out of the thread. Or keep embarrassing yourself I guess

I would prefer to keep embarrassing myself. There is no need to guess on your part.

Time will tell. If Kovy still plays great at the age of 35 after having been out of the NHL for such a long time, my props.

I just can’t see it happening.

If I am wrong, I will admit as such.

Cheers.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
No, just no; best scorer in KHL, MVP in olympics; he is still the guy and its a good contract

KHL is a second rate league and the Olympics had no NHL players. Not hating on the guy but there needs to be some perspective applied. He hasn't faced the full brunt of NHL competition and speed in a while.

I hope (as a big fan of Kovy back in the day) that he has chemistry with Kopitar and puts up a 35 goal, 70 pts type season but in reality it's safer to pencil him in for around 25 goals and 50-55 pts until he proves otherwise.

TopT

Jan 7, 2009
Georgetown, Caymans
KHL is a second rate league and the Olympics had no NHL players. Not hating on the guy but there needs to be some perspective applied. He hasn't faced the full brunt of NHL competition and speed in a while.

I hope (as a big fan of Kovy back in the day) that he has chemistry with Kopitar and puts up a 35 goal, 70 pts type season but in reality it's safer to pencil him in for around 25 goals and 50-55 pts until he proves otherwise.

he he, which league isnt second rate than outside of NHL... There is no chance in hell Kovi does not outproduce Brown. I am looking at Radulov like scoring rate or better

Reactions: Morrison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad