Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] Kovalchuk agrees to terms with Kings (3 years, $6.25M AAV) official on July 1st

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
His cap hit in NJ was 6.6 million so I haven’t the slightest idea what you’re trying to imply.

Hockey players get traded and signed as free agents you unintelligent fool. They don’t retire to get out of the massive long-term contract they signed to run home for a bigger pay day (which lol he ****ed himself cause he got less then if he stayed cause Russia’s economy is a dumpster fire).

No Russian bias my ass. Get out of here with your bull****.

I haven't been following this discussion so I'm not going to comment on the back-and-forth discussion, but you're stretching the truth about what Kovy was getting with the NJ contract. He was supposed to get 10-11.8m/year from 2012-2018 if he had stayed. His contract had an artificial cap-hit lowering (that I believe would have been even lower if Lou got his way originally).

The Kovy contract was one of the biggest reason why we had a lockout due to its cap-circumventing nature.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I haven't been following this discussion so I'm not going to comment on the back-and-forth discussion, but you're stretching the truth about what Kovy was getting with the NJ contract. He was supposed to get 10-11.8m/year from 2012-2018 if he had stayed. His contract had an artificial cap-hit lowering (that I believe would have been even lower if Lou got his way originally).

The Kovy contract was one of the biggest reason why we had a lockout due to its cap-circumventing nature.
Except I’m not stretching the truth by stating the fact about his cap hit? Cap hit is all that matters. I don’t care what he gets paid, it’s not my money. I care about what’s important.

And you misspelled Marian Hossa’s contract in your last sentence. Thanks for jumping in the middle.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Ungrateful? What should i be grateful for? The quitter was here for 2 full seasons, a lockout shortened year where he half assed it because he “wanted to go home” and the 20 games he played when we traded for him. Not even 3 full seasons. He never was or will be better then Stamkos. It’s not even debatable. Take your uneducated ass out of here.
Devil fan who disagrees, he was arguably the best player in the league not named Crosby or Ovechkin. Still a loser though. Hope for nothing but the worst for him :)

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Devil fan who disagrees, he was arguably the best player in the league not named Crosby or Ovechkin. Still a loser though. Hope for nothing but the worst for him :)

See I can 100% understand that sentiment from Devils fans.

The ones that are acting like he was never that good, never should have made that kind of money in the first place are just picking sour grapes.

Reactions: Yoshimi

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

The ones that are acting like he was never that good, never should have made that kind of money in the first place are just picking sour grapes.

It's hilarious, he dragged one of the worst teams to make a run in recent memory to the cup finals and left before the contract given out by their discount Tony Soprano of a GM could actually hurt them. He needs a statue outside the rock if anything

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Except I’m not stretching the truth by stating the fact about his cap hit? Cap hit is all that matters. I don’t care what he gets paid, it’s not my money. I care about what’s important.

And you misspelled Marian Hossa’s contract in your last sentence. Thanks for jumping in the middle.

The guy you quoted said prime Kovy would not cost 6m/year which is 100% true. Management paid Kovalchuck 10-10.8m for his prime years and the inflated length of his contract does not change that. This isn't about what his caphit was or what you care about. You quoted somebody who said he would cost more than 6m/year (which he did) and said he was wrong (which he wasn't).

For the bolded, no problem! I thought I was pretty nice in my response, just pointing out what was factually incorrect. I wasn't bashing you so you can chill.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011

Yeah it makes no sense, aside from hall and Elias he’s probably the best forward to wear a devils uniform. Just because he f***ed us over so badly doesn’t mean he isn’t a good player

Its a Trap

The guy you quoted said prime Kovy would not cost 6m/year which is 100% true. Management paid Kovalchuck 10-10.8m for his prime years and the inflated length of his contract does not change that. This isn't about what his caphit was or what you care about. You quoted somebody who said he would cost more than 6m/year (which he did) and said he was wrong (which he wasn't).

For the bolded, no problem! I thought I was pretty nice in my response, just pointing out what was factually incorrect. I wasn't bashing you so you can chill.
Whoa I was wrong by 600k. My point still stands. He claims teams would never get Chuck for close to 6 million and I pointed out that we had him for 6.6 which is pretty damn close? Nobody cares about what his salary is. They care about the cap hit.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Whoa I was wrong by 600k. My point still stands. He claims teams would never get Chuck for close to 6 million and I pointed out that we had him for 6.6 which is pretty damn close? Nobody cares about what his salary is. They care about the cap hit.

The bolded is not my point.

The devils were paying him 10m/year during his prime and if they were limited to an 8 year deal his contract would have been 8m/year at MINIMUM. Artificially lowering the caphit was a way to make it fit under the cap, it doesnt change the fact that Kovy was getting paid signidicantly more (10m/season) for his prime years.

Not gonna keep pointing out the same thing, you either dont understand what I am trying to say or dont want to understand it.

Its a Trap

The bolded is not my point.

The devils were paying him 10m/year during his prime and if they were limited to an 8 year deal his contract would have been 8m/year at MINIMUM. Artificially lowering the caphit was a way to make it fit under the cap, it doesnt change the fact that Kovy was getting payed signidicantly more (10m/season) for his prime years.

Not gonna keep pointing out the same thing, you either dont understand what I am trying to say or dont want to understand it.
Actually I guess you missed my point where I said how much money he gets paid doesn’t matter? Or do you not understand that or don’t want to? Cap hit is all that matters (unless your the Sens or someone with financial problems) and his cap hit was 6.6. You can argue “but he was actually making more money” but that didn’t matter because his cap hit, which is how teams are built you know, was 6.6. Or do you not understand that as well? We can keep doing this. I got another hour before my bbq

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Oh look! It’s the dumbass from the voynov thread. That worst team ever had 2 other 30 goal scorers and another player with 78 points. But hey, why use your brain when you can make ignorant posts that make yourself look uneducated!

lol with their perpetually triggered fanbase full of fans like you it's no wonder parise, kovalchuk and everyone else couldn't bolt from the debbies fast enough

Reactions: klozge

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
wouldn't % of cap matter more when comparing his current hit to his former hit? The Cap has gone up a fair bit since then.

Reactions: funky

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Ah. Classic. Confronted with facts and goes straight for the ad hominem. Do mom and dad know you’re using the computer child?

Right, the guy who opens with "dumbass" because I don't think abuse victims should be deported accuses me of ad hominem. Perhaps you should lay off the bong shots with Paulie D for a couple days to clear up that brain fog.

The only team that had less business making the up finals was Edmonton 2005, where they were dragged by Pronger much like New Jersey was dragged by Kovalchuk.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Right, the guy who opens with "dumbass" because I don't think abuse victims should be deported accuses me of ad hominem. Perhaps you should lay off the bong shots with Paulie D for a couple days to clear up that brain fog.

The only team that had less business making the up finals was Edmonton 2005, where they were dragged by Pronger much like New Jersey was dragged by Kovalchuk.
semantics but it was 2006. 2005 there was no cup final

Its a Trap

Hey man, it’s not my fault the shoe fits. Maybe you shouldn’t make such stupid posts. Brain fog? Ok champ whatever you say. Keep acting like you know what you’re talking about.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Let me bring some knowledge:

You can be good at hockey and still be a quitter with horrible attitude problems that get you benched a month into your new 14 year contract

It'll be interesting to see how he does without the same 'mouse' problem Russia had

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
uh when your franchise is struggling like the devils were when he signed, people do care about actual salary.

Its a Trap

uh when your franchise is struggling like the devils were when he signed, people do care about actual salary.
Factually incorrect. We weren’t struggling when he signed. Vanderbeek’s money problems started the lockout year and then he got caught up in a Ponzi scheme the year or year after he left. I swear. People just like to say things without fact checking. He made Lou sign him to the contract.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
People are underestimating Kovalchuk big time here. I guess they are blinded by how they feel about him as a person. Think about how few such tanks there are in NHL that also are so good snipers.

Also, IF Kovalchuk is actually motivated, he can really bring the intensity.

I am I

Feb 18, 2010
I
Actually I guess you missed my point where I said how much money he gets paid doesn’t matter? Or do you not understand that or don’t want to? Cap hit is all that matters (unless your the Sens or someone with financial problems) and his cap hit was 6.6. You can argue “but he was actually making more money” but that didn’t matter because his cap hit, which is how teams are built you know, was 6.6. Or do you not understand that as well? We can keep doing this. I got another hour before my bbq

I am pretty sure that to the player how much they get paid is what counts, not cap hit.

He got paid $10M a year, why would he care that the Devils gamed the system by tracking on phantom years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad