Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] Kings sign Joakim Ryan (1 year, $725k)

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Like the Frk signing. Guy should be able to find the net w his skill set. Hopefully he can take that next step or maybe he is pegged for the AHL?

Haven’t seen Ryan to much. Can someone give me a beeak down?

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Glad to see Frk land a deal.

Howitzer of a shot, not much accuracy. Ok skating, and will hustle and play the boards.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Like the Frk signing. Guy should be able to find the net w his skill set. Hopefully he can take that next step or maybe he is pegged for the AHL?

Haven’t seen Ryan to much. Can someone give me a beeak down?

At his best, a young Paul Martin. Not much offensive skill, but solid defensive skill. Not a bruiser, but steady. At his worst, maybe a #7. He lost a step last year, so it's hard to say which player he will be more often than not.

Reactions: Basilisk and funky

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY
This is dirt cheap for Ryan. It’s a bargain contract that could turn out really well for the Kings. He was drafted when McLellan was in San Jose and although he never coached him I’m sure he’s familiar with the player and that probably helped.

Frk seems destined to be a career minor-leaguer but you never know if he establishes himself in the NHL with a change of scenery. He’s got a great shot but doesn’t finish.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
As a Sharks fan, I'm bummed to see Ryan go, let alone to LA.

He is a solid Dman, with a ceiling of 2nd pair. Had a down season most recently, after a great first season where he put Paul Martin out of a job and played well covering for Burns.

The change is strategy at the Sharks left the D out to dry, and being partnered with Burns meant he copped a lot of the criticism from fans and coaching staff.

In the playoffs, he got about 8 minutes per game. During that spell he had the best corsi of the sharks D.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Nice cheap contract for Ryan, not a fan of him going to LA, but oh well. Depending on how much he actually plays, he will 1000% earn that money.

Can’t really believe we didn’t re-sign him for this teeny amount to be our 7th, but then maybe he wouldn’t have accepted this contract with us because Deboer hates him and only gives him 4minutes a game despite him being a perfectly serviceable, to somewhat good defenseman.

Reactions: Phu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad