Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] G Pheonix Copley signs extension with the Kings (1 year, $1.5M)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
lol rob blake

mission-accomplished.gif

Better hurry and lock up this below-league-average goalie to cover up for my huge mistakes with the goaltending pipeline

this is rearranging deck chairs on the titanic if there's not a corresponding move

1676076956815.png

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
lol rob blake

mission-accomplished.gif

Better hurry and lock up this below-league-average goalie to cover up for my huge mistakes with the goaltending pipeline

this is rearranging deck chairs on the titanic if there's not a corresponding move

View attachment 648290
Whatever the background, when you have a vessel taking on the water. you patch it before you sink.
Later on you investigate what created the hole.
This was well deserved and sends the right message to the team and any potential future acquisitions.
This was the correct move.
Now we watch the patched hole for any further signs of leaking water and make further permanent repair plans.

Last edited:

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Not sure why this had to be rushed. Could this not have waited for even another month. Are our goalies so bad that we get engorged over a third string career back up putting up pedestrian numbers?

Don’t get me wrong. Happy for him but we have a lot bigger needs than a back up goalie.

Unless this plays into my hope Blake trades for Vejmelka.

A Vejmelka and Copley tandem would cost $4.225 and burying Cal’s 5 mil wouldn’t be that big of kick in the nuts.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Guessing Petersen will be included in an outrageously expensive deal to acquire Chychrun since a buyout isn't realistic.

Originally I thought that not even our simpleton GM would have signed $6.5 million worth of third string goalie for next year until I remembered he has $12 million of it right now.

Progress?

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Not sure why this had to be rushed. Could this not have waited for even another month. Are our goalies so bad that we get engorged over a third string career back up putting up pedestrian numbers?

Don’t get me wrong. Happy for him but we have a lot bigger needs than a back up goalie.

Unless this plays into my hope Blake trades for Vejmelka.

A Vejmelka and Copley tandem would cost $4.225 and burying Cal’s 5 mil wouldn’t be that big of kick in the nuts.
Even if he was to be sent to the AHL it will count almost nothing against the cap. He's done well for the situation, might not have the fanciest stats but he's got wins. Sends a good message and morale to him and the entire locker room to reward him

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
If anyone's curious, a buried one-way contract next year will count for the full cap hit minus $1.150M. So, if Copley spends next year in the AHL, he'll count for $350K against LA's cap. In comparison, if Petersen does, he'll count for $3.85M. The cap savings will be the same ($1.150M) regardless of which one spends next year in the AHL (unless neither does, in which case LA could be in trouble).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad